USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

TEXAS GULF COAST

just a few pics of PATIENCE on the TEXAS GULF COAST

the free ferry ride from GALVESTON > PORT BOLIVAR

east of the ferry landing, on the BOLIVAR PENNINSULA, hwy 87 was washed away by a little coastal wind storm, a HURRICANE

just a bit further down the beach, 2WD sure was handy in the deep sand

after that, i tried to keep to the hard packed sand

the TARMAC between GALVESTON & PORT ARANSAS is relatively un-eventful

the HARBOR in PORT ARANSAS has a really cool HOME MADE CATAMARAN SHRIMPER(literally made by the CAPTAIN,out of recycled materials & rigging, in his own BACK YARD, on the island)

the GRANITE(same as the state capital) JETTIES reach 1-mile, from the beach, out into the gulf, protecting the CORPUS SHIP CHANNEL from silting in

here'z wishing everyone SAFE TRAVELS, this summer

sw & CHILI, the wonder monkey(in training)

Be sure and check out the hand powered ferry across the Rio Grande at Los Ebanos. Last hand powered ferry across a international order. J.R.

J.R. - 5/25/2014 9:52 PM

Be sure and check out the hand powered ferry across the Rio Grande at Los Ebanos. Last hand powered ferry across a international order. J.R.

hey JR

great reminder

i did that one several years ago, when i was circumnavigating the the BORDERS OF TEXAS, on my old DUAL SPORTS

that quest took 3 years & i rode over 8300 miles, doing it in loops, as time & fund$ were available

it is a LEGAL CROSSING, w/ a PORT OF ENTRY on both sides

cool little village, on the MEXICAN side, w/ a nice restaurant

you can see THE ROPE, in this pic

many of the passengers assist in THE PULL

the crossing is listed, on the HISTORICAL MARKER, as AN ANCIENT CROSSING and is in the written history books as far back as the mid 1700's, when it was reportedly a crossing on THE SALT TRAIL, connecting CENTRAL MEXICO w/ the GULF

sw