USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Suggestions for more brakes on front of Gl1500

... when my foot missed the brake pedal in a panic stop...

I had similar happen, resulting in entering a right turn way too fast, car came up, had to veer into the other lane to avoid disaster, ran out of lane and got my foot between the rig and the curb - not good (ironically, one of the few sections on island with a curb)

I got another brake lever, cut out a section of it to make it shorter, and re-welded it back together at a 30* angle.

I kick myself because it wasn't the first time (I have duck feet), and it was something I was 'going to get around to', and all of the drama and pain could have been avoided.

Consider what CCJon said about stainless brake lines. After years and years of brake cycling, rubber hoses can internally balloon on ya. IMHO, stainless lines are the single, most cost effective upgrade one can do to the brakes on a 20+ year old bike.

Hi,  I'd like to know more about this pedal extension.  I have a 'new to me' GL1500 and have only driven it a couple of times.  I have had a problem hitting the brake pedal, I have to twist my foot to the left.  Thanks  Rick

Years ago I had a similar problem. I heated the brake pedal up and bent it out.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

http://www.dmcsidecars.com

866-638-1793

I'm gonna buy a used pedal off ebay and fab something for it.

This is what I decided to do, I won't miss that pedal now.

Uploaded files:
  • Foot-pedal__smaller.jpg