Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Starting over

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Sidecar and frame are stripped head into paint .  As of now Week of march 15 for the install.

More progress in the paint.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
SwampFox and AceinSav have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxAceinSav

Reverse install. loaded ready for trip to Hannigan the 14th.

Uploaded files:

Second cov19 shot the 11th. The effects kicked in faster than the first . Up side it went away sooner. 0600 this morning Eyes opened to feeling great.

So nothing stopping the next step to getting the the sidecar mounted . Rolling out first thing Sunday morning for Hannigan.

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

Got my second shot yesterday. Moderna. No side effects. Affects? Good to have both now. Spring like weather here now. I guess I'll give the bike a spring time check up and perhaps go for a bit of a ride. We'll see if Petey minds sharing his sidecar with an oxygen bottle. 

CCjon

The sidecar is done and mounted on the new Bike. Pictures will be coming when I can get them small enough to post. Payton had her first ride in it today.

After it was mounted and tested we took it out a played hard with with it. The RDRS caused no issues and we did not have to turn off or disable anything.

Also Hannigan himself gave me a tour of his collection. He has some really cool sidecar in there.

CCjon

Pictures:

Uploaded files:
CCjon

that looks great, they did a fantastic job and pretty darn fast. glad to see you have it together and are back on the road with Payton 

USCA # 8913
Quote from AJ1500 on March 20, 2021, 5:21 am

that looks great, they did a fantastic job and pretty darn fast. glad to see you have it together and are back on the road with Payton 

Thank you. Because of two winters of riding and 40,000 miles It was setup to go in for a clean up. Then I totaled the bike. Called them about a complete refurbish and install. They made it happen.

Some changes were made. Minor change to front upper mount and rear upper. Move sidecar 1 to 2 inches closer to bike. Not going to get to into cost because it requires a lot of details but it was more than reasonable. I will answer questions if anyone has any. I plan to do a different thread about the RDRS and how it turned out with the sidecar. I want to push the rig a bit harder before make statements about it. Otherthan to say it is working as it should.

This link is picture heavy. It shows some of Hannigan's collection and bike he is working on in his spare time. Some may find it of interest.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUWqTs4

Quote from smitty901 on March 19, 2021, 4:41 pm

"Pictures will be coming when I can get them small enough to post. "

Just a note, there is no size limit on pictures.  We do ask that you make them a reasonable size so they don't further slow down loading. There is a maximum of 10 images attached to any one post.

Admin

As of yesterday 500 miles on the rig now. It had 490 miles on it when sidecar was mounted. Hit the 1,000 mile mark out riding with Payton in it.

With the RDRS traction control On.  In  Rain mode or Off no issues yet. I have tried my best to make it shut down in a curve It has not happened. And I have pushed it beyond what would ever happen in normal riding.

One Code it did throw would happen with or with a sidecar P0503  Vehicle Speed high. It was caused by wet grass and mud. Rear wheel spinning and front wheel not moving. Cleared code and that was the end of it.

As for Rake. I did not rake the tree yet. I wanted to try it without. The 2017 that tugged the sidecar and the 2020 on it now are pretty much the same bike other that the RDRS system. The 2017 had a 6 degrees rake and 1 3/4 inch longer tubes

It does steer a little bit heavier. But not bad. No shakes like you find in small lighter rigs. No steering dampener installed yet. Another thing I wanted to try without next I will likely install one anyway.

Looking good, I had someone flop over the other day to my surprise it did not turn off way laying on it side, it didn't ever set any light on. I had to turn it off pick it up fired right back up. I guess something work what it was suppose to do.  Thanks for posting the pictures of Hannigans collection he sure does have some nice stuff. 

PreviousPage 2 of 2