Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sputnik sidecars

In route we have a container load of NOS Sputnik sidecars, these sidecars were purchased at the liquidation of the factory and are coming to us with out wheels as no wheels are to be had. We will be converting them over to aftermarket Harley type tube less wire wheels with the option of a Brembo disk brake and an up graded shock.
$2995 including bike specific mounts for many bikes, some bikes are a bit more for the mounts. If you want the brake add $600 and the up graded shock $400
We are taking $1500 deposits to hold these. They are starting to sell and could sell out before they arrive.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Attached files

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

The sidecars are in the port now, they are being held by the department of agriculture which has not told us why.
Jay G
DMC sidecars

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Hello Jay,
just a small hint.
Do yourself a favour, possibly you better upgrade the hinges and latches too.
The last Sputniks I saw from 2003 production were completely Mickey Mouse in this aspect. Pressed sheet metal so weak they bent by 3 times opening.
Might be nowerdays they are of better quality.
Only thing, the Chineese machine factory for which I give local tech support did not improve their electrical wiring since 1998 when I claimed serious failures for the first time and my friend imports those brake lathes container load wise.
I can imagine the Russians are as stubborn as the Chineese:
"Custumer satisfaction? - What is that?"
"You have a claim? - Go to the Gulag in Siberia!"

I like your option of upgrading wheels, brakes and shocks.

Customs delays are an international way to make money for the governments...possibly they will ask for fumigation or destruction fees for organic matter.
"Don't worry be happy", patience is the secret.
Good luck with Your proyect.

Sven

The sidecars have cleared customs, just working on getting them from the port.
As far as I can tell no new Sputniks have been made since about 2000, the factory no longer exists.
When you improve the hinges, they no longer work as they need the play in them in order to work as they are not square to the body. The hinges actually hold up pretty well we have imported well over 1000 of these sidecars in the past and have been working with them since 1998
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

mine works fine. would like to lower it. chop down the roll bar. bigger axle with BMW snowflake wheel. and of course swap out the stock shock. but as is, its bin fine for last 10 + years.

Both notices are new to me.
Amazing what you tell about those hinges. Possibly the ones I saw were destined for national (Russian) use.
I didn't say anything.
Sven

We will have the sidecars in the morning.
9-16-2015
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Now in stock.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

jaydmc - 9/10/2015 4:10 AM

The sidecars are in the port now, they are being held by the department of agriculture which has not told us why.
Jay G
DMC sidecars

Did you get any sort of reasonable explanation as to what the problem was? We'll occasionally ship a 20 from here to the states, and I'd like to get fore warned if I could (please).

Thanks,
Michael

BTW, still enjoying and riding (as much as I can considering job demands and geography), the rig you built up for us, thanks!

We got no answers at all from any one, they just released the container with out explanation and not wanting to make waves, we left it at that.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793