Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sputnik price increase

We are starting to run out of these sidecars, the price of $2995 which includes proper bike specific NOT universal mounts is good until the end of this year. January 1 2017 the price is going up to $3295

Sputnik Sidecars

Sputniks are great sidecars FOR THE MONEY, fit and finish is "Russian"
These are NOS sidecars that were stored for years poorly after the factory shut down. We clean them up and then as the Russian wheels which were always the weak point on these sidecars are no longer made we change the axle out for a larger axle we make and then install a made in the USA wire spoke tube less wheel and tire.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793
http://www.dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

If I rode to your place in Seattle what would be the cost to install a Sputnik on my KLR?

The Sputnik is $2995, labor runs $600. I do recommend some other items, the rear spring on the KLR is far to soft for sidecar use. We have a heavers spring $85 and $30 to install. (For people just buying the spring, ship us your shock and we will install the spring no charge using our custom spring compressor.) You loose any skid pan you may have with our mounts. If you want a skid pan that works with our mounts it runs $75 and I always recommend the brake $650. Down hill off road with a loaded sidecar and no sidecar brake you may find that you only have enough traction on the front tire to steer, or slow down but not both as the sidecar is trying to push the front of the bike to the left.
You would also have to pay 8.7% sales tax if you pick it up here. If we ship out of state no sales tax but we do charge $210 to crate and shipping to Southern California is running about $350 right now.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Attached files

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30