Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Spirit of America Eagle

Hello.

I have been searching for a sidecar to mount to my 1973 CB750 and I came across this one in a local ad. It's an early 70's Spirit of America - Eagle. Looks to be in good shape and it comes with the mounts but I just don't know what these usually go for. He is asking $1700. That seems a bit steep to me (much more than I paid for the bike) but I would like to get a more knowledgeable opinion. What do these usually fetch?

Thanks

Attached files

Looks to be in good shape. Price not out of line. Prices depend upon demographics and condition of the sidecar, not how much you paid for your bike.

Lonnie

This would be a good match up on your bike, it could also be quite a while until another sidecar comes up in your area, it is a fair price, not a bargain but fair, go for it.
Also if it helps we do offer bike specific NOT universal mounting hardware.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Thanks for your replies. It would go great with my bike because it is period correct and I also painted my bike black a few years back. What I really want is a Ural Gear-Up to travel the backroads of Idaho with my dog, but that is obviously a bigger investment. It seems high to me, but maybe I will lowball him and see what he says. If no deal is made, no biggie.

Yogi Bear - 7/22/2013 10:57 PM

Thanks for your replies. It would go great with my bike because it is period correct and I also painted my bike black a few years back. What I really want is a Ural Gear-Up to travel the backroads of Idaho with my dog, but that is obviously a bigger investment. It seems high to me, but maybe I will lowball him and see what he says. If no deal is made, no biggie.

A couple of years ago I picked up a Spirit of America Eagle sidecar. Looks identical to the one pictured
The tire, shock, and windshield were pretty much passed there due dates and needed replacements. The tonneau cover and seat were in great shape and the carpet was old, not torn just old. I paid $800 and it came with the mounting hardware for a Honda cx500.
Hope this helps in your decision.

Hey Sal,

That's more along the lines with what I have seen as well. Thanks for chiming in.

i paid $700 for my California Companion, which was a good deal. the previous owner paid $800. i think he mounted it without doing research first and scared himself! i was fortunate to have the folks on this site to advise me as i mounted it to my Yamaha.

Offer him 1400 and see what he says. Also be careful with some of the older universal mounts, some aren't safe to use. Stay away from the ball and socket type joints.