USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Source for linear actuator for Formula II Motorvation

I'm sorry about the delay in getting this information to you.   When fully retracted the frame mount is 17 inches from the bolt attaching the piston to the lever on the torsion bar.   Fully extended it measures 29 inches, a travel distance of 12 inches.

I tried to attach a picture of my actuator in a nearly retracted position, but I've never attached a picture before and I'm not sure it worked.  The outer tube was a somewhat gold color as was the piston.  Now it has weathered some.  The electric motor is attached to the rear end of the outer tube in line with the actuator, but has a larger diameter than the outer tube.  The shape of the motor is roughly square with rounded corners/edges and the case appears to be made of a cast metal.

Uploaded files:
  • Actuator.jpg

I'm sorry it took me so long to get the information  and a picture.  I was reminded to get the  measurements and a picture Saturday afternoon when I rolled the rig out of the garage for the first time this year.

Fully retracted, the distance from the frame mounting bolt to the end of the piston where it attaches to the lever on the torsion bar is 17 inches.   Fully extended, the distance is 29 inches, a travel distance of 12 inches.

My actuator has the motor attached inline to the end of the outer tube.  The motor case appears to be cast metal, roughly square in shape with rounded corners.

Uploaded files:
  • Actuator.jpg

Tax Man

Thank you for those specs.  I have contacted Motion Industries who are a distributor for Thompson Saginaw linear actuators and I will attempt to order one through them.