Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

SIDEVIEW MIRROR

Hello all………..while at the USCA Rally in Idaho this summer, I happened to be conversing with a chap who had a flex arm side mirror attached to his car. He mentioned the web site where he was able to get this mirror from to me. However, since upgrading my phone where this vital information was stored, It is gone, into the cloud someplace never to be seen again. The web site began with the letter "S". I realize its not much to go by , but, should anyone here have any info relating to a sideview mirror install, I'm all ears

I've included a pic of my ride, perhaps it'll help

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
USCA #9818 BMWMOA #159590

Snookers, have you seen his rig with the mirror in any of the rally photos in the Sidecarist magazine? Or rally photos posts online anywhere?

"Snookers, have you seen his rig with the mirror in any of the rally photos in the Sidecarist magazine? Or rally photos posts online anywhere?"

CCjon……...to answer your question, no I haven't as yet.  The side view mirror in question had an accordian flex covering from the base (which had an adhesive base) to the mirror housing. I'll just keep searching

I recently found the ideal mirror for the car and installed it today. Its sold on a golf cart supply web site. Momma likes it a whole lot and that's what counts

I apologize for the sideways pics because that's not the way there on my PC

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

What is the purpose of this mirror? Doesn't look as though you could see it as the driver.

2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO
Quote from Big Tom on October 20, 2019, 11:06 am

What is the purpose of this mirror? Doesn't look as though you could see it as the driver.

Big Tom……..main purpose of the mirror is to appease my Bride , so she can see what 'n who is behind her. She tried to act as an owl...…..didn't work out to well

Big Tom has reacted to this post.
Big Tom

My wife would also like to have a rear view mirror on the side of the sidecar so she too can see who is about to run over us.  I haven't found one I liked or would work on our wedge-shaped sidecar.

Quote from snookers on October 21, 2019, 9:46 pm
Quote from Big Tom on October 20, 2019, 11:06 am

Big Tom……..main purpose of the mirror is to appease my Bride , so she can see what 'n who is behind her. She tried to act as an owl...…..didn't work out to well

OK that makes sense. I would like to have one that I could see from the drivers seat..

2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

Big Tom…..are you sayin that your bike doesn't have a rear view mirror? or is there something here I'm missing

Quote from snookers on October 22, 2019, 2:44 pm

Big Tom…..are you sayin that your bike doesn't have a rear view mirror? or is there something here I'm missing

OK that makes sense. I would like to have one on the right side of the sidecar that I could see from the driver's seat..

Fixed it for ya... Make sense now?

Quote from Big Tom on October 22, 2019, 3:57 pm
Quote from snookers on October 22, 2019, 2:44 pm

OK that makes sense. I would like to have one on the right side of the sidecar that I could see from the driver's seat..

Fixed it for ya... Make sense now?

Yup , sure does.....and that would make for one big az_ mirror