Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecrae and RDRS system

This is going to be interesting.  Installing the sidecar on the 2020 Harley RG limited will bring up some new hurtles to over come.  With the RDRS system and how sidecar will effect it is simple I think. Just shut it off, that is easy to do.

Next is the big one shutting off the Tip in the ECM.  On my 2017 I was told it could not be done. That was not correct. What was correct was no dealer would to do it and the so called Indy shop could not. At least they said their tool for HD ECM could not. The HD dealer I used did shut it off. But it threw a code red light stayed on. There was no option to tell the ECM it had been Triked as was often done before. Only way to get rid of the light was a new ECM for a trike.  Then flash new ECM.  Re-flashing the factory ECM would not do it. The red light never bothered me and it worked just fine for 40,400 miles. Yes new ECM's needs to be flashed , it does seem there are some parts of it that come with information already on them.

Fun part now is finding out if HD has blocked access on the 2020 to turning it off. No dealer will respond to the question or even try. The dealer I used for years has been closed by HD as part of their plan to cut dealerships. I know many have heard this and that can be done but what we hear and the real world are not the same. If anyone has installed a sidecar on a 2020 I am listening .

Regardless of any road blocks the sidecar is going on. It is setup now for some time in February.  Some tuners allow access to many ECM functions I am now researching that option . I assume that will be a dead end.

Not one to give up. In the end the sidecar will go on the 2020 and any issue will be over come.  There is a lot of experience here. Speak up. You may just have an answer. Time is running.  The sidecar goes on the trailer today. Delivering it to Hannigan on the 18th for repaint.

The BAS is in the BCM not the ECM. I have one here, if and when I get time I will check it out. I would think Hannigan would know and have a way to take care of it being there in the sidecar and trike business.

smitty901 has reacted to this post.
smitty901

It is loaded and ready to head south the 18th. We will miss the gold and black.  I know the new color is going to look great.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.