Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

SideCars of New England Group

Hi,

As some of you already know, there is a new "Social/Riding Group"

SideCars of New England

We will be meeting the first Sunday of every month for a Brunch & Chat. As the weather gets warmer we will go tool around on our Hack's after we eat. February's meeting is on Feb 8th at 11am (The second Sunday just for this time) at THE TIMELESS DINER on Rt 101A in Amherst, NH.

We already have a few events planned. One right after Laconia Bike week (June) & another that will be at The Killington Classic Rally in VT (Sept) More info can be found at ....

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCofNE/

Since I am a Professional Pyrotechnician, we might even schedule in a few "Fireworks Rides" with VIP (Sidecar Owners) access.

How many here are from the New England area?

Hey Pyro;

"PROFESSIONAL PYROTECHNICIAN????" Wow! Is that similar to, well, you know, the 'pyro-mani..?', well, just skip it.

Anyhow, I wish I were in New England, for I've always wanted to meet representatives of two particular groups I find utterly fascinating. The first of course, is the pyrotechnician, as I'm a goner for fireworks. The second is much less interesting, the professional hit-man.

I've often thought about being a pro hit-man, but have reluctantly decided I don't have the proper temperament for it. When you weigh it very carefully, the minuses pretty much outweight the plusses in something like that.

Finally, good luck with the group. We'll look forward to some riding and meeting reports.

Later!

Sahagan

Well I can honestly say I've never even thought about being a professional hitman. I like to stay on the "right" side of the law.

Being a Pyrotechnician has given me some unique opp's in life. I've met many Musical Celeb's while doing Stage effects & such. But the 4th of July shows are simply the most FUN. I get to choreograph the outdoor shows myself & the crowds simply scream for the stuff I put up in the air.

But getting back to the Sidecars of New England Group. We're thinking about getting together to Brew our own batch of beer soon.

There is a place in Nashua, NH where one (or several) can brew a batch (or two) of beer. 1 batch yields six cases. We'll just divide up the batch according to how many members take part.

We'll also have to come up with a name for this brew. That'll be up to those who show up!

Hi, Next time I'm in New Hampshire if it's the right time I'll try and join up with your group. We have a club here in Beijing, The Beijing Dragons Motorcycle Club and many of our riders have Chang Jiang sidecar rigs. You'd really like one of our trips we make a couple times a month during riding season. Way up in the mountains, about 2 hours Northeast of Beijing there is a small vendor stand that sells hand grenades. The cost runs between 1 and 2 RMB (US$ 0.13-$0.26). They are actually practice grenades used by the military, but when we throw them off the side of a mountain, they echo all the way up the canyon walls. This place is fireworks heaven! We don't have a site per se, but the http://www.changjiangunlimited.com site has pictures.
Regds,
Jim

Just a friendly reminder.

The SideCars of New England group (SCoNE) is having it's monthly Brunch this coming Sunday February 8th at 11am.

The Timeless Diner in Amherst, NH on Route 101-A is where we will be meeting.

This month we will be discussing what NATIONAL Sidecar Events we will want to take part in.

We'll be discussing Bean Blossom (1000 miles one way!) and other Larger events.

If you can make it, consider yourself "Invited"!

Joe

Joe - Is there a phone number where those of off line variety could reach you? I'm adding a regular meetings section in The Sidecarist. Thanks, Steve/Editor

Hi Steve,

Yes there is,

Feel free to publish any info or details I post here as well. That is of course if SideCarMike allows that.

Pyro