USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Sidecars in the Smokies

AJ, Please let me know your schedule and route also. Robin & I are currently planning on leaving out of Mocksville Friday morning, planning to arrive at IronHorse mid afternoon. We've yet to decide on a route. So far the weather looks good all weekend long.

I don't believe that anyone really cares but...

I'm leaving Monday morning with overnights in Peoria, Trotwood, OH [where I meet up with Dave "Just Dave" Szkudlarek] and then in Gastonia, NC where we pick up Bob "Bolts Right Up" Davis. We're heading from Gastonia to Iron Horse, via the Asheville airport to pick up TLMaryann, on Thursday. We'll be at the resort Thursday afternoon.

If that matches anybody else's itinerary you're welcome to tag along.

Steve, we are going to leave out Wed. morning early, prob around 5:00 AM. that should put us there around 3 or 4 Wed. afternoon
looks like for the ride up we are going to run the big slab, hopefully leaving that early we can beat the traffic all the way to
Columbia, after that it's a nice ride even on the highway

Al. looks like your doing a good bit of connections on the way,,, are you towing the rig in

Dave I really hadn't looked before but we won't be anywhere near you on the way up, maybe we will catch you at another rally some time

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

AJ1200 asked, "Al. looks like your doing a good bit of connections on the way,,, are you towing the rig in"

Well, that was the plan but I'm not so sure now. I was working on the rig with the help of a friend. I buttoned things up and suddenly there is nothing, nada... No electricity. The battery, which was fine all day is suddenly completely gone. I put it on the charger and we'll just see in the morning. It's way too heavy to put on the trailer if it isn't running. TLMaryann and I are still coming, even if it's without a rig.

Al

Install a new battery? Or at least hook up another you know is good and see what happens?

Heh heh

Lookin fwd to seeing TLMA

Duncan

For reasons we can discuss around the fire, I'm coming to Rally from Miami. The direct route takes me through Atlanta - clearly something I DO NOT want to do. Any one have any suggestions on best way to avoid ATL? Thanks Duncan

Take 95 to Savannah, jump on US 17, take it to Taccoa Ga, get on US 441 to US 74 in NC west to US 28 to Iron Horse. Its longer but a nice ride.

We'll be leaving McCormick SC Thursday taking 28 to Anderson SC then 24 to Westminster then 76 to Clayton Ga then 23 to Franklin NC and back on 28.

taco - 4/24/2017 6:38 AM

Take 95 to Savannah, jump on US 17, take it to Taccoa Ga, get on US 441 to US 74 in NC west to US 28 to Iron Horse. Its longer but a nice ride.

that is a nice route, we usually take that on the ride home.

We take 95 to 26 to get us there on the way up, traffic is not too bad and once you get past Columbia it's a nice ride
Duncan when are you heading out, if your passing through are area when we are leaving out you could tag along 😉

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

Well, that was the plan but I'm not so sure now. I was working on the rig with the help of a friend. I buttoned things up and suddenly there is nothing, nada... No electricity. The battery, which was fine all day is suddenly completely gone. I put it on the charger and we'll just see in the morning. It's way too heavy to put on the trailer if it isn't running. TLMaryann and I are still coming, even if it's without a rig.

I hope all is OK with it. it would be a shame to have to leave it.