USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Sidecars in the Smokies

That route looks like a pretty taxing ride but it could be a lot of fun. I agree that the four hour time is pretty optimistic if you figure in rest stops and sight seeing. Ace, is that the route you were thinking about? I didn't see a waterfall on the map but then maybe those just aren't shown.

A whole flock of sidecars on the twisty bits will sure tick off a lot of sport bikers.

I will have to look it up again but that looks about right for the loop
Hmm I forgot putting those 2 together makes for a long ride
I haven't done them together since I added the car

you have to plan to do the Dragon on a weekday to avoid the big crouds. maybe Thursday

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

Al: Here's a link to a map that might be useful. You thinking about making the trek down from MN? Be nice to see y'all.

Dragon Cherohala Loop

More info and more maps at tailofthedragonmaps.com

AJ: I'm likely to arrive sometime Thursday and do the loop on Friday. Weather depending of course. Want to fit in the Moonshiner 28 too.

My son and his girlfriend [on bikes, probably their RTs] are planning on joining me Thursday for the weekend. He's ridden the Dragon and Cherohala before but she hasn't.

Duncan

Duncan,

Yes, we are coming. Room is booked and we're planning to tag on a visit with our daughter after the rally. Maybe in Chapel Hill where she lives or maybe someplace in between if we can find something interesting to do. Will bring both the Martini kit and the Margarita kit with a long extension cord.

It looks like NCDave's map includes almost all the the Moonshiner 28 although it does some at the beginning and some at the end of the ride.

I did "The Dragon" last year on the way to Sidecars in The Smokies. Sadly, I did it by mistake while driving the Honda Pilot and towing the rig ;^). Strangely, there is no t-shirt that says "I did the dragon by mistake"

I don't have any objections to doing Friday as the long ride.
My brother in law will be there with us again this year, most likely with his girlfriend, he rides a 1800
28 moonshiner is a nice ride, we passed on the Dragon last year as we have done it to the point of being more work than fun
I was just thinking I needed my bragging rights for doing it on the rig,,,,But if I don't I won't loose any sleep over it

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

that's too bad Dave
I was interested in seeing your rig

Wow it is almost time, looking forward to seeing everyone again
🙂

stop through charlotte on the way over there. we'll have lunch!

not sure if we are going to run on the big roads or the back way but if we do, lunch is a possibility
I'll let you know as it gets closer

just a few more days now

Dave we will be mapping out our rout this weekend, I'll let you know if we are coming through your neck of the woods
if so will you be open for lunch on Wed.