USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Sidecars in the Smokies

I saw this in the latest issue of the magazine but couldn't find a thread on this site.

Checked the Iron Horse lodge website - it says they still have availability. BUT there is also a Gold Wing Rally the dates so facilities *may* go away relatively quickly.

Anyone else thinking about going?

Thanks and Merry/Happy Duncan

We will be there, didn't hear anything about a Gold Wing rally during that time frame. do you have any info about it
WEIRD, I went to Iron Horse site and it shows GWRRA event for same weekend, but I can't find anything at GWRRA that matches

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

I just talked to Iron Horse, looks like it's just a group of GWRRA riders out of Ga getting together while we are there.

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

Ironhorse had been holding cabins and rooms for the Goldwing riders until January 15. They've now released all the rooms and cabins that haven't been rented by the GWRA folk.

Y'all may want to get your reserves in soon.

Duncan

Just made our reservations today for a cabin.

Registered, and campsite reserved. See y'all there. Pray for the same weather we had last year.

we have the same campsite we had last year reserved, see you there.
I plan to hit the Dragon this year, I haven't run it with the sidecar

AJ1200:

Wife and I will be in Savannah for her 2d cousin's wedding weekend of April 22. I've been trying to convince her it would be best if we rode sidecar down instead of flying, but no luck so far. Seems unreasonable to me to fly back north on 4/23 just to turn right around and ride to NC a couple of days later. Besides, IIRC there are some great roads in North GA I'd like to try on 3 wheels.

I also plan on doing the Dragon and Cherohala. Probably a little slower than when I was on two wheels a few years back.

Duncan

Duncan
yeah north Ga is full of great riding. we really enjoy taking the back roads over to Helen when we are in the area.
maybe we can get a few of us together and put together a nice ride loop to encompass the Dragon and Cherohala to include a stop for lunch and maybe stop at the water fall at the bottom of the Parkway

Ace,

How long is that loop? Could you post a link to a Google map?