Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecars in the smokies now 2021

Page 1 of 2Next

It's official sidecars in the smokies 2020 is postponed till next year .  April 23rd to the 25th 2021 Robbinsville NC

Hmmm - now to see how their "no" refunds policy holds up - especially since the entire state is on a 30 day lock down. Any one else besides me holding a reservation for April 23;24 and/or 25?

I talked with Pam at Ironhorse and they are moving my reservation up to next year for the rally. She sent me a confirmation email for the new reservation.  Call and talk with Pam.

1bmwmc and CCjon have reacted to this post.
1bmwmcCCjon

Thanks  - will do.

I called this morning and they moved my reservations to next year. they told me they were doing that for the entire group

USCA # 8913

They called me today and moved me to next year.  Just got the email saying it's moved.  See you all next year.

Dave president USCA

Anybody know if we are still on for April 2021

Please if anyone has more information Post it. I don't even need a reason to make a ride to that area. To bad they picked NC.  TN side was wide open still is. Heading there end of May We could run off in April with out any problems.

Well, there's this... https://sidecar.com/sidecars-in-the-smokies/ 

We've gone a few times and the facility is terrific, the staff is really nice and there are a lot of sidecar folks there.  Cliff and Noreen do a good job but don't expect the sort of rally where you need to be a a certain place at a certain time to see a presentation.  Much more laid back,  The most organized thing is a ride to have lunch and a trip to Wheels through Time in Maggie Valley.

So,,, If you hate sidecars, hate good conversation with interesting folks, have a pressing need to adhere to a strict schedule and/or want to stay in a crappy place, don't come.  Sidecars in the Smokies is the exact opposite!

1bmwmc and smitty901 have reacted to this post.
1bmwmcsmitty901

Thank you I need to run this by wife

I hope Wheels thru time is back open by then.  I'm going 

Dave USCA president 

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
1bmwmc has reacted to this post.
1bmwmc

I'm in, looking forward to meeting the east coast riders.

1bmwmc has reacted to this post.
1bmwmc

While I still endorse the Sidecars In The Smokies Rally, Maryann and I will not be there.  It seems that while we prepaid some $435 for our room in 2020 and were assured that the reservation would be carried forward, Iron Horse says they have record of the credit [to be used in 2020 or 2021] but they have sold the room and have no more space.  The folks at Iron Horse are very nice and accommodating and I feel this was an honest mistake but we are still screwed and will miss out on a great rally.

To those of you who will still be able to attend, we know that you will have a great time.  Cliff & Noreen put on a great event and the area and facility are both terrific. 

Al Olme

Whoa ! Guessing everyone else with a roll over reservation (from 2020) had better reconfirm their spot !  Did they contact you first or were you reconfirming ?

I called yesterday I'm confirmed.  Took 7 calls.  But Pam said I'm good for the Lonestar cabin.  feel sorry for Al and anyone else that gets a mix up.

Dave USCA president

still looking for a South East director and NC state rep.  

Dexter last ride as a 6 year old

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

I believe I live about 2 hrs away in SC so I am hoping to take a ride up there. My problem is that I have to attend school In April for professional CEU's to maintain my credentials and licenses. I am juggling things so I can break away and spend at least one day there. Its not the classes its the  travel time to them that is the problem. Chuck

I finish a class in Columbia SC on 23rd so I probably can go to Robbinsville on the 24th or 25th. Most likely the 25th. I am very interested in DIY rigs and learning  from experienced riders how they do things.  I gain experience very quickly because I treat my ride as a means of transport so its not just a toy for me to play with in my spare time.  See youall there Chuck

John Holbrook has reacted to this post.
John Holbrook

I forgot to send in the $45 fee  to Cliff. Can it just be paid at gathering or do you even need to do it at all

You can pay at the door.  April 1st is for T-shirts.  It also helps to be counted for the dinner.

Dave USCA president

Sidecars in the Smokies was a great success again. A big thanks to Cliff and Noreen Cyphers for doing such a great job. About 90 registered and 50+ arrived. There were 2 members of the USSidecar association in attendance. Several people I spoke with are planning to attend the National Rally in Mena Arkansas.

Great to see some old friends and many new people as well. Plans for next year are being formulated so stay tuned for those. Again a big THANKS to Cliff and Noreen for 11 great years of Sidecars in the Smokies. 

Deleted user and 1bmwmc have reacted to this post.
Deleted user1bmwmc
Page 1 of 2Next