Notifications
Clear all

Sidecars in the Great PNW

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@james-n)
Topic starter

Is there a sidecar-oriented group in Western WA?

Posted : December 1, 2021 5:32 am
(@jaydmc)

Currently I know of no active club. My wife and I ran the NW sidecar piolets for years, turned it over to another couple to run and the club sort of fizzled away. There was the Big Foot sidecar club out of BC, they may still meet up for breakfast however I can no longer find their web site.

We were planning on an open house at our company with free food and camping for all interested in sidecars. Then Covid hit. We might have an open house this summer but only if Covid starts going away more.

There are a few local people that will arrange a group ride in the area. They do this over on the site advrider.com

Jay G
DMC sidecars

www.dmcsidecars.com

Posted : December 1, 2021 7:51 am
(@james-n)
Topic starter

Sounds like fun. If the Chicom 19 cooperates we will check it out. After over a year of avoiding human contact re-establishing it would sure be nice.

Posted : December 2, 2021 6:02 am
(@dholaday2)

James:

There are LOTS of sidecarists in the PNW, probably more than any other area of the country. You might provide more info about yourself - like where you live [or? wa? id? adding the city would help]  and the type of rig you have. While there might not be a local sidecar club there's always someone doing something. 

Just my 2 cents.

Duncan

Posted : December 3, 2021 6:08 am
(@gary-shearer)

UMCI, United Motorcycle Club International, in Washington, Oregon and Idaho.  Not a sidecar club but we have sidecarists in all three states.  Contact me by email and I will send you contact info for all three states.

Gary Shearer, Oregon State Rep, backroad-rider@comcast.net

Posted : December 20, 2021 9:41 am
(@reardan-tom)

Hi Gary, Yes! I agree, the UMCI is a great group and very similar to the sidecarists I know. Pretty laid back. Barb and I have been UMCI members for a long time. Our oldest and dearest group. Although Barb doesn't ride with me anymore. I continue to invite riders I know to our Spokane breakfast meetings. Several have come and continue once they find out what a compatible group it is. Hope to cross paths with you sometime this summer....

Posted : July 4, 2022 12:43 pm