Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecars in the Flint Hills 2014 - Joyce Canfield Memorial Rally

The Sidecars in the Flint Hills Rally will be held Wednesday, September 10, thru Sunday, September 14, 2014, and will be a memorial to Joyce Canfield. The rally will be held at Council Grove Lake, Canning Creek Cove Group Camping Area S-2, Council Grove, Kansas. This is the same location that the rally has been held in past years.

Tentatively scheduled at this time: Thursday, September 11, guided ride to the OZ Museum at Wamego, Kansas. Information on the OZ Museum can be found at: http://www.ozmuseum.com Friday, September 12, guided ride to Junction City, Kansas, to hook up with the Cannonball Run riders that will be in the area that day. Information on the Cannonball Run can be found at: http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Saturday evening an Audio-Visual presentation will be held as a memorial to Joyce Canfield. Please send any digital photos of Joyce that you have might have to Jim DeJarnatt at jim7d777@gmail.com by April 1st.

For questions and information on the rally contact Jim DeJarnatt at (816) 309-3395, jim7d777@gmail.com

A flier for the rally is attached. Directions and a map to the rally site can be found at: sites.google.com/site/sidecarsfh/ We hope to see you there.

Attached files

2014 Flint Hills Rally Flier.pdf (143.4 KB) 

This will be the first time that we will attend this rally.
We thought it is important to attend because it is an opportunity for my wife and I to pay respect to Joyce and to honor the leadership and guidance that she had provided for our sidecar passion.

Already made reservations at the Cottage House.
Looking forward very much. 🙂
Jay and Dale.

Avanell & I will be there. J.R.

Just a reminder that August 1st is the last day to order rally tee shirts.

Dale and I had much fun during our first visit to the Flint Hills rally.
Almost ran into a tree during the blind riding game and some folks scattered safely to get out of the way........lol lol.
It was great seeing everyone once again too.
Many thanks to Jim, Peggy, Bud and Ginger for their leadership and efforts in providing all of us a very enjoyable time.
I am sure that Joyce saw us from above and smiled as we enjoyed ourselves.
Jay.