Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecars in Phoenix area. want to meet.

a couple weeks ago we were on the Bush Highway in our rig and met 3 sidecars coming the other way. Now in 3 winters living in Mesa I had seen about 5 different sidecars total. Just wondering who they were and would like to get together for a sidecar ride. I am the only GL1100/sidecar rig arround. Doug

We just started "snow birding" and got the rig operational last week. Live in Queen Creek, Village at Copper Mine, on the Hunt Highway. Leave a PM if you want. Max

Originally written by Doug Hasert on 3/16/2009 8:40 AM

a couple weeks ago we were on the Bush Highway in our rig and met 3 sidecars coming the other way. Now in 3 winters living in Mesa I had seen about 5 different sidecars total. Just wondering who they were and would like to get together for a sidecar ride. I am the only GL1100/sidecar rig arround. Doug

My old Valkyrie/Ural rig now resides in Tucsan.

I'm down in Willcox with an old 'bowling ball' that has an even older Hitch Hiker attached. 1980 H-D FXEF with a'70s Hitch Hiker.

So, I guess we don't have many sidecarists here in the Phoenix area. It amazes me to meet people who used to ride but quit riding in there early 60's. I am 71 and we have not owned a car since 2002. Lived full time in a motorhome until last December and finally bought here in Mesa. My wife is happy, therefore I am happy ! 🙂 Doug

Hey Doug, I live in Queen Creek just down the road from Mesa. In fact i use to live in Mesa off Ellsworth. Now live off Ironwood in Queen Creek.I still have to work so cant take off just any time.You would also have to put up with my dog she goes every time i do.
Peggy

We will be back in late September early October and get in touch. We brought the Savage/Cozy rig back home to address some oil leaks in the tug and there has only been 5 good riding days since we got back a month ago. Should have stayed longer. Still debating about putting the Velorex 700 sidecar we bought from a guy in Glendale AZ on the other Savage or look for something in the 800-900 cc range.

It's good to know there are other sidecars here. I ride with the GWRRA club here in Mesa, I am the only sidecar and GL1100 at the meeting/runs.
I seem tobr busy this month, we should try and get together in June for a lunch/ride or ? Any suggestions ? Doug

I just got back to this message, will try again in Sept. or October for a get together with sidecarists. I've only seen about 6 other sidecars here in 3 winters in Mesa, now I am a resident and no longer snowbird, hope to see others. Doug

We're in Benson with an 84 GL1200/Motorvation hack, and a KLR650/Endurance hack. The only bikes we seem to see out here are members of the HMAS (Harley Mutual Admiration Society). We try to get a long weekend ride in monthly, camping in warmer months. Been on the forum about a year, but had to re-join due to computer (operator) problems... We went to the Griffith Park Rally last weekend. Lot of cool hacks, about 300 or so. Did not see any other AZ hacks there. Did see a GL1100, another GL1200/Motorvation, a KLR/Velorex, and lots of Urals. Oh, and some classics, including a BSA 441 Victor hack and an awesum Arial Square 4 hack!

Mitch, Rise, and Canine Sally

We plan to return in January with the Savage/Cozy rig. Have a house in San Tan Valley (Used to be Queen Creek Address). Village at Copper Basin. Hope to meet some of you then, Max

Good to here there are more sidecarists arround. I went to the Chandler Wed. night bike night a couple weeks ago and there were 5 sidecars there, most I've seen at one time here in AZ. I hope to get a sidecar luncheon some weekend soon but seem to have most weekends booked. Will figure out a week soon. Doug, AZ. Rep. USCA.

I am located in Douglas, Arizona, down by the border with Mexico. I have a Moto Guzzi/ California Friendship II sidecar rig(. I am in Tucson/ sahuarita/ green valley almost every weekend have retirement home there) Rick.

Wow not much S/C action in Phoenix I guess. This thread is over Six years old. Kinda hot to ride right now but I just picked up a S/C rig.. I'm in Surprise.

2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

I'll be making the scene as soon as I get my "new" rig sorted. Mechanically, cosmetically and "rider learning curve". Been a two wheeler for many decades. This will be a new pucker experience.

Looks like most (all) rides will be solo - or with two wheelers, given the lack of responses on this old thread.

'78 GL1000/Terraplane!

Crap, another Sidecar guy in Phoenix..... I guess I'll have to start using the damn thing... I need more practice and the bike needs some TLC. My longest day is 110 Miles up to Sun Set Point and back. Cruise Control quit that day and I haven't had a chance to mess with it. Just picked up the FSM on Sunday.

2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

Jiminy Cricket. I can't ride with you, Big T! Some of my ugly might rub off. Dang, that thing is like the Starship Enterprise.

Mine (currently) looks more like a dump truck.

Very nice 1500 rig. Very nice indeed.

I'm elbow deep, though, and will at least be on the road shortly.

Attached files

We need to get together for a ride because I seem to be the only rig in Mesa , at least I never see one. Weekdays might be good Let's try to coordinate a ride . Doug

Attached files