Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

SIDECARIST Nov,-Dec. 2021 will it be here before Dec.?

someone at USCA facebook asked when it might be out. Nov. 26th what should we tell them.

Dave  

Due to COVID sick outs in the print shop, the Nov-Dec Sidecarist was delivered to the Post Office on Nov 8th.

Where USPS is hiding them today is anybody's guess. 

Are we stuck in line behind all the holiday catalogs?

CCjon

so when will it be out.  I guess you have the Jan. Feb. Sidecarist at the printer now.

Dave

Last Sidecarist I received is Sept-October. Had a bit of trouble logging in again just now. Oh well, I'm logged on now. We'll see how long this lasts.

- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

FINALLY got my Nov-Dec Sidecarist today. 

Will shoot for an earlier mailing with the Jan-Feb issue.

Happy Christmas shopping everybody.

1bmwmc has reacted to this post.
1bmwmc

Got mine yesterday. As usual the Post Office put it through the abuser. I wonder why none of my other Magazines arrive abused like this?

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon
2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

I received mine yesterday as well. I posted on another thread. Martin has done a very fine job putting each edition out that came during the pandemic when few were riding and even fewer were sending in stories of adventure on three wheels.

CCjon
- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

I got mine yesterday WED. Not too bad considering the pony express they use to get it out here in the sticks. Overnight usually takes 3 days,except when it rains.

Received mine today.

Dear Deleted User,

We've heard it. We've heard it over and over again.  Congratulations, you finally pushed me over the edge.

Why don't you tell us when you plan to do something for the club. Or are you content just to bitch?

You can have the job that I've done for the past 15 years.

Al Olme

Quote from Al Olme on December 2, 2021, 7:53 pm

Dear Deleted User,

We've heard it. We've heard it over and over again.  Congratulations, you finally pushed me over the edge.

Why don't you tell us when you plan to do something for the club. Or are you content just to bitch?

You can have the job that I've done for the past 15 years.

Al Olme

Sorry Al, I didn't mean to push you over the edge. And I don't want the job you've had for 15 years. I'd be happy to nominate Steve Woodward for the position though. He probably doesn't want it. I'm not enough of a geek to do a web site. As far as Deleted User goes, there is more than one of us now claiming that name. I wasn't bitching, I was making a joke. But I can understand how you could take it personally and let it get under your skin. So once again, I'm sorry. I'll forget it when I begin to see my name on my old posts instead of the one I'll no longer mention...  And thank you for all you do for the club. I had to come back with an edit to address your question of when will I do something for the club.... if you recall, I was WA state rep for a number of years and worked very closely with Billie (ID state rep) and Dave (NW regional rep) on several events here in the NW. You know, if we keep bickering on the forum it will not only get harder to find someone willing to be the state rep, but it will be hard to find someone to take on your duties as webmaster. You've made it clear that you would like to step down.  Also as state rep, I promoted the club far and wide.

CCjon

The sad thing is that 'keyed' messages can be typed in one frame of mind and unfortunately read in a completely different frame of mind.  

SwampFox and CCjon have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjon

You're quite right rogersfr. I had another thought for Al to recall. Maybe not 15 years but getting some age~ Vernon Wade (Red Menace) was the NW regional rep who asked if I'd consider being WA rep, and Joyce Canfield was the president at that time. Just to give you an idea of my "years of service." And although I've officially "retired" from that post, I'll continue to be as active as I can and certainly will still promote the club every opportunity I get.

OK, already I have to come back and do an edit to add to what I just said. You might recall I've also contributed photos and a few articles for publication in the Sidecarist.  If I can get it to attach here, I'll include an example which seems to be my all time favorite issue....

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Messages, no matter what form. repeated over and over, carry a clear meaning.  

My time here is at an end.  I will assist new people in assuming the job but I've had enough.  It's crap like this that made me take that decision.

A

I received my Sidecarist yesterday December 7th and it was in good condition.

Bruce