Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecarist July/August 2016

Just received my copy of the Sidecarist and already read it cover to cover. Great articles and information. I look forward to each issue and wish they were longer. My compliments to Will Short and his team for an outstanding job. Reading the comments about the world of 3 wheels, it is obvious that there are the " purists" and the others. It reminds me of the marathon running world when walkers first started doing them. Strong controversy. I guess I come down on the side that says "it's the riding that's important" the vehicle is secondary! We each ride 3 wheels for our own reasons and sometimes need the support of others to continue doing what some other think is crazy. Regardless of what a person rides and why, they should be welcome in a forum! If someone hadn't taken the chance to hang a sidecar on a modified bicycle we would probably all still think it "wouldn't work" or it "looks stupid". I think we are all pioneers in our own right. Otherwise why ride something as out of "kilter" as a sidecar rig. I hope we will support all comers and encourage them to share.As for dogs, they are a major part of sidecaring life for many. I hope we will support the joy of riding regardless of rig or company! Just my thoughts for what they're worth!

Bravo, I agree wholeheartedly!

Received mine yesterday as well. As usual, Martin did a most excellent job and had some excellent input for this issue. Many thanks to Michael Bodisch for BOTH articles!!

I agree whole heartedly. We should welcome anyone who has an interest. How else can we expand. As I pointed on a couple of my threads, you are welcome as long as you have an interest. Come on two, three, four or more wheels. We are all going to have fun!

Now, glad to hear the July/August issue is a good one. Cannot confirm it since I do not have mine yet. :o:-(

Mike in MS

Received mine a few days ago but have not been able to read it as Aiden(my 7 yo sidecar monkey) keeps carrying it around reading through it.

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Sorry guys. Had to put the pink elephant in there.

Now I got you interested, no?

😉

Mike in MS