Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecarist July/Aug

Page 1 of 2Next

The Sidecarist was mailed out early this month.  I don't have mine, has anyone got theirs yet?

Dave USCA president.

Not yet. Maybe today....

Didn't come today. Maybe Monday. 

Well someone got there Sidecarist and online voted

Dave

Got mine yesterday 7/20. Another good issue.  I wish I had planned better as I should have documented my Fly and ride for a Half page story..

2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

Big Tom,

Take a picture of your rig and story and send it in the editor is begging for stuff for the next Sidecarist

Dave USCA president

my Sidecarist came today and I went online and voted.

7-21-2020

Dave USCA president

Got Mine today!  7/21/2020.  It is unusual for me to get mine early in the cycle.  Yes - I voted.  So - we have at least 3 that have voted.

Will Short

I received my copy of "Sidecarist" yesterday. I was immediately taken by the fantastic cover photo by Joe Penzias: "Sunset Across from a Nuclear Powerplant". Now, to read the rest of the magazine.

Jim

2014 CB1100 Std, 2000 ST1100 with DMC Classic, 1981 CB650C

Received mine yesterday, is that a picture of a Rocket sidecar on the calendar that ever body knocks.

Got it today. Nothing like the anticipation building.... lol...

Martin did a great job putting together another Sidecarist issue with little material to work with. He could use articles and PHOTOS. Ride reports and new rides acquired make interesting reading material. Your evaluation of rigs and gear are also interesting. Please send what you have to: editor@sidecar.com

Now to vote:

1. Go to Form on Sidecar.com
  2. Find the Welcome menu on the top left
  3. Hit the drop-down menu arrow
  4. Find the "voting" option and click on it. This will take you to the online ballot.
  5. Use the unique Voter ID number printed under your name on the back page of the current Sidecarist. This identifies you as an elgible voting member of USCA. Enter that number in the appropriate box.
  6. VOTE 
  7. Hit SUBMIT and you are done.

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user

CCjon,  thanks for the tutorial, my vote is in...

2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

Jan, the only thing that you left out is that folks should ONLY vote for their own Regional Director.  Some QC ballots that have been examined show that folks have voted for EVERYONE on the ballot.  Since we don't know which region the ballots come from it presents a problem.   The instructions are printed at the top of the form but folks either haven't read them or ignored them. Based on the decision of the Board, those votes may be thrown out. It's not my decision to make.

I noticed the Official Ballot in the Sidecars does not mention that detail either Al, we may just have to accept all votes for all offices.  If ballots are thrown out, can people then re-vote?

A Board decision for sure.

Jan,  I'm willing to take flack for the website but I have nothing to do with Sidecarist content.  I'm not even a proof reader and Martin doesn't answer my emails.  The thing about folks not reading the instructions... I don't have a vote on what ballots to accept or discard.

The on line ballot clearly states at the top to only vote for the candidates in one's own region and even gives an example. 

Quote from dave on July 21, 2020, 3:36 pm

Big Tom,

Take a picture of your rig and story and send it in the editor is begging for stuff for the next Sidecarist

Dave USCA president

Hey Dave. I took your advice and sent a story in today...

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user

Thank you so much Big Tom

Dave USCA president

I have been told that voting will end on August 10, 2020 at 5 PM Central time.

Page 1 of 2Next