Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecar School

New to the forum and looking at the aspect of sidecar driving. I've been told that proir to buying a hack that I should take a sidecar driving course. I contacted a school in Eustis, Fl called Safe Ride. Has any member either taken their course or have any knowldege of their outfit?

I'm a 61 year old retired LEO and my 08 Road King is gitting a little heavy with my bad back and shoulders. I may be to old and beat up for two wheels and to young for a trike, plus sidecars look cooler.

I've had a couple of hacks in years gone by, way by. An old BMW with a Jawa tub and a Nimbus with who knows what attached. Wish I still had the Nimbus. Since I've been reading on the subject, I did not realize how close to death I'd been in my early years. The joys of youth.

Just looking for any knowledge of this school or any advice to help me with a choice of cars. Still spooked on warranty issues with the triple tree thing. Thanks for any help.

I'm sure Richard McClure will jump in, nothing much happens in FL that he doesn't know about. AND a SE Regional Rally is happening in FL In March. A GREAT chance to talk and look and make some new friends.
SE Regional Rally coming up soon:
March 19 – 21, 2010 – “Y’ll come” Sidecar Rally – Silver River State
Park that is just outside of Ocala, FL. You will need to make your own
reservations. And the sooner the better as there is a lot to do near by
this time of the year. This is open to any non-members, hack or solo
bikes.

Hmm how do I say this? It a good school with great people running it. Oh come on over to Ocala in March. Welcome to the world of sidecaring.

Joyce and Richard, thanks for the welcome, information and the invite to the Y'll Come Rally. We will certainly try to make it. It's good to know that we won't be stoned for showing up without a hack.