Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

sidecar pictures

PreviousPage 2 of 8Next

The dirtier side......

CCjon and Dave Brakebill have reacted to this post.
CCjonDave Brakebill
USCA Member and Minnesota State Representative

Finally received my new to me 1980 Motorvation Coupe Royale parked next to my 1987 GL1200A. I think they look "Right" together. But have to run the roads so it'll be a few months before I can get serious. 

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

Edward, that looks very nice. they look good together. looking forward to more pictures once you have it connected and out on the road

USCA # 8913

The Coupe Royale is a pretty unique sidehack.  I hope you get to try to wear it out.  My Motorvation Formula II LTD has about 150,000 miles I put on it, and it had two previous owners so I don't know how many actual miles it has gone.  I replaced the torsion bar after bouncing over a tree limb that was across the road while riding home in a thunderstorm.  That incident damaged the splines on the torsion bar enough so it wouldn't hold its position.  I also replaced the bearings on the sidecar wheel.

Quote from Tax Man on November 18, 2020, 10:15 am

The Coupe Royale is a pretty unique sidehack.  I hope you get to try to wear it out.  My Motorvation Formula II LTD has about 150,000 miles I put on it, and it had two previous owners so I don't know how many actual miles it has gone.  I replaced the torsion bar after bouncing over a tree limb that was across the road while riding home in a thunderstorm.  That incident damaged the splines on the torsion bar enough so it wouldn't hold its position.  I also replaced the bearings on the sidecar wheel.

150,000 wow, how many tugs did you go through?

smitty901 has reacted to this post.
smitty901

BMW K1100 with California and Kawasaki Voyager XII with Daytona 2+2.    

Uploaded files:
CCjon

Laid the bike to rest . Sidecar was not on it at the time  . It will rise again on the new bike. Good by to a great Tug.

CCjon

Here is one of my sidecars.

Uploaded files:
CCjon and smitty901 have reacted to this post.
CCjonsmitty901

Was out riding in Fangorn Forest, IN, when a wandering Ent leapt out in front of my rig. Or maybe I tried taking a decreasing radius 20mph right hander at 40mph. Whatever.

We managed to get the rig back on the road, and with the help of a crow bar and some baling wire to pry the muffler away from the rear tire, I was able to ride to lunch and then back home.

Poor baby is resting in the garage while the insurance company tries to figure out what to do.

Says a lot about the strength of EML frames and connections that the rig is still drivable.

Duncan

Uploaded files:
CCjon and smitty901 have reacted to this post.
CCjonsmitty901
2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001
Quote from 2FLTC on December 14, 2020, 7:37 am

Here is one of my sidecars.

That is cool.

Duncan, so sorry to hear about the rig taking a beating, but am glad you are okay. Have admired that rig from afar, and inspected up close. Is a beautiful set up. 

Did the sidecar take all the impact? Any damage to the front forks?

Sure glad you were not injured Duncan.  Best of luck with the repairs.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Morning Duncan,

Glade you made it home.  I'm volunteering at Carillon Park in Wright Brothers tomorrow 9-1.  If you need anyone to stop by and kick tires.   Or whatever.

Dave USCA president 

937-554-1817

Dave@szkud.net 

CCjon: As far as I can tell sidecar took most of the impact - M/C forks and frame seem to be ok but I haven't had it thoroughly inspected yet. Left side pannier and mounts took a bit of a beating and muffler is toast - especially after we used a crowbar to pry it off the rear wheel. 😁

Swampfox: I did end up with a broken rib [doctor: "Take tylenol and suck it up - you'll feel better in a few weeks"], a few assorted sprains and bruises, and a severely damaged ego. Time has solved all but the ego problem.

Dave: Today was filled with household chores - hope we can get together later.

BTW, I owe a big thanks to the other folks from the Greater Cincinnati BMW Club who were on the ride - they managed to get me and the rig up on the road and made sure I got home ok.

Thanks

Duncan

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user
2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001

My DMC Tomahawk SE on my Indian Chief. My Australian Shepherds, Montana and Cherokee have thousands of miles of riding. DMC builds a beautiful, quality sidecar. 

Uploaded files:
SwampFox and CCjon have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjon

Nice looking rig. I especially like the idea of the door. Saves the doggies from a jump.

2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

My 1993 Harley with Lak sidecar frame and Harley body.

Uploaded files:
CCjon

Me and my brother heading out on my 1969 ElectraGlide

Uploaded files:
CCjon

Lucy in sleeper hack, Lucy in Guzzi, Lucy in Triumph, Lucy in BMW

Uploaded files:
CCjon and Adan Ve have reacted to this post.
CCjonAdan Ve

Lucy in sleeper hack

Uploaded files:
CCjon and Edward Jones have reacted to this post.
CCjonEdward Jones
PreviousPage 2 of 8Next