Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecar Newbie

Just purchased a 1995 BMW R100RT with a Kenna single sidecar. Both are color matched in two tone grey. Sidecar was professional installed and bike has a leading link front end. Rear end is out of a R80 so the lower gearing helps. The unit was originally from the US and imported into Canada a few years ago. It has been owned by a few of us around this area, and for some strange reason we keep trading stuff amongst ourselves.

I've been riding 2 wheeled bikes for 50 + yrs but in the last few years I've had a hankering to try sidecars, so this is my first plunge. Rode it home but had to really think the steer not lean thing. No courses anywhere near me, and being a former MSF Instructor, I know the value of training so will get one of our long term sidecar fellows to give me some help & tips and I'll spend some time in a parking lot and go slow for awhile. Rig even empty handles pretty well, just need to make some of the things automatic instead of having to think.

So if you get some dumb questions from me, be patient. I'll post some pictures when I figured out how.