Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecar mounting hardware

Would anyone know if it is possible to get mounting hardware to mount a Harley Ultra Sidecar to an 02 Heritage Softail. Manuals say never to mount a Harley sidecar to a Softail Frame.

Thanks

Check with Pete Larson @ Liberty Sidecars. I believe he uses a combination of H-D mounts and his own propriatory hardware to mount his sidecars on Softtails. He might just sell you some.
His Ph. 206-568-6030, fax 206-568-6045

If you already have an HD sidecar, and want to mount it to an HD, I suggest getting one of the motorcycles that Harley approves for sidecar use. If they proscribe attaching to a certain model, it may be because the suspension, wheels, etc. may not be strong enough to handle the extra side loads of an attached hack. And few of today's HD dealers are familiar enough with sidecars to be able to offer dependable advice.

But if you're just thinking about buying an appropriate sidecar to attach to your HD, I'd encourage you to check out what Liberty has to offer. In my opinion, the Liberty is a much better product than the HD sidecar, for about the same $$. It's got sidecar wheel suspension for a smoother ride, a classier design, and much better aerodynamics for the passenger. Pete can also provide appropriate attachment hardware for specified HD machines, modified triple clamps for easier steering, and personal service.

I would try http://www.motorvation.com
They have all the mounting and other accessories.