Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecar Mike

I saw this unusual sidecar on Skunk page that you have listed in your signature. Got any info on it?

Any others are welcome to comment also.

Unusual Two Seater

It's a "Sonnenwind". I believe it's made in Switzerland. The owner is Frank [I'm 90% sure] and it will be at the SKUNKS rally again in June [again, I'm 90% sure ;^) ]. Yes, you ride on it, not in it. Great quality. Superb fit and finish.

Actually, it's Fred. Fred French is the owner. He believes it is the only Sonnenwind in the country. He is currently wintering in Florida, but will be at Cameron in June.

Attached files

Thanks for the info guys, that is one cool looking sidecar!

The design allows for a lot of Sonnenwind but not much protection against Rainensnow.

Lonnie

Hack'n - 2/16/2013 4:31 PM

The design allows for a lot of Sonnenwind but not much protection against Rainensnow.

Lonnie

SidecarMike did mention "He is currently wintering in Florida".Cool

Hi there. The weather in Ft. Myers, fl. is wonderful this time of year. The sidecar in question is a "SonnenWind" mfg. by SAUER in Germany. Their website can be found by Googeling Sauer sidecars. I asked the U.S. distributor (Dauntless) about it and was told that to their knowledge there were none of these in the US. It has as much weather protection for the passenger as there is for the rider. It was designed for those who do like being "cooped up" and enjoy the open-air experience as much as the rider. If you look closely, you will notice lap belt for both the fore and aft passengers. These are factory installed, and a quick ride will convince you. The side-forces are as great or greater than riding pillion on a hacked bike. Great fun, though.