Clear all

Sidecar for minibike

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@bruno-pacola)
Topic starter

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I was really happy to find you! I believe that many here will be able to give me some tips on how to build my sidecar.

I decided to build a mini-bike in the pandemic to occupy my time, and now I'm excited about the idea of building a sidecar to take my dog for a walk.

I read some concepts about how to build a good sidecar, but I don't know how to evaluate if I applied it correctly. See below:

Does this work well?

Thanks!!

Bruno

Posted : January 27, 2022 4:59 pm
(@al-olme2)

Bruno,

'Very cute minibike.  Setting toe in is a matter of "what works".  There's no reason why your dimensions won't work but the best course is to make you toe in ADJUSTABLE so you can do some objective testing.  We all want to see your progress.  Please keep posting.

Al Olme
Minneapolis

Posted : January 28, 2022 4:54 am
(@just-dave)

Bruno,

Nice rig,  minibikes don't go very fast or far.  So you don't really need to over engineer it.  Keep it simple and have fun, see if your dog will ride in a sidecar, my German Shepherd will not stay in a sidecar.

Posted : January 28, 2022 5:35 am
(@bruno-pacola)
Topic starter

Hi Al Ome, Dave!! 

Thank you very much for the answers, this really calmed me down while engineering.

As for my pet, it's true... I need to find out if he's going to like this! Hehehe

I want to share about attachment points. I thought of fixing the three points below:

(Orange = steel tubes / Pink = connector soldered to the minibike chassis)

Are the attachment points enough? I could only use two attachment points, which ones?

In addition to using something simplified to easily plug and unplug:

I will always send news of the project update!! =) Thank you very much in advance!!

Posted : January 28, 2022 6:22 am
(@aceinsav)

Hi Bruno

Love your little project, I am looking forward to seeing it when it's done 

Posted : January 28, 2022 6:45 am
(@bruno-pacola)
Topic starter

Quote from AceinSav on January 28, 2022, 11:45 am

Hi Bruno

Love your little project, I am looking forward to seeing it when it's done 

Thank you!!! AceinSav, Do you have any suggestions for the sidecar frame? =)

Posted : January 28, 2022 6:53 am
(@j-r-lewis)

This is a good looking rig.  My poodle loves to ride in  sidecar. Maybe your dog will like it too.

J.R.

Ambassador at large.

Posted : January 28, 2022 9:38 am