Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Sidecar brake pads grimeca caliper.

Anyone know the part number, or type brake pad for a Hannigan Astro 2+2 Sidecar? It has a Grimeca caliper on the wheel . I could not find a number on the caliper.

Silly Question: Did you call Hannigan?

2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001

Weekend , no phone pickup. Called today, left msg.

Well, I called Hannigan and they were very nice, but didn't know the part number. Could I please pull the caliper and look on the brake pad for the part number. Called EBC and they said the same , so I guess tomorrow I'll pull it off and get the numbers and go with EBC as they make pads. Better to go to the source. Hannigan now uses a drilled rotor and Brembo caliper on their sidecars as I was told.

Do you really have to pull the caliper to remove the brake pad? In any event, you have to pull the brake pad to replace it anyway, so go ahead and pull it. Then call the nice lady at Cyclebrakes.com. 1-800-805-2118. She has your pads in stock. All you have to do is provide her with certain measurements (she'll tell you which ones) and possibly e-mail her or text her a photo so that she can locate the ones you need.

Honestly, I didn't reply earlier because I thought everybody knew that Cyclebrakes.com was the place to go when you don't know what pads you have.

What DRONE says about Cyclebrakes is right on. Trying to find pads for non-OEM front calipers was resolved with a call to CycleBrakes. After giving a brief description over the phone, they told me which bike brand and model the calipers were taken from.

They can take care of your custom brake hoses and rotors too.

Think I have a spare set on wall of my shop will check tomorrow and reply!

Thank you for the replies. I will pull the caliper Monday on my day off. Easy job as it's only 2 bolts. Then mic it out and call Cyclebrakes. I just ordered some "Speedbleeders for the bike (brakes & clutch) and the sidecar . I'll install them and bleed the whole thing as I'm sure it hasn't been done in a very long time as the fluid now is slightly dark.