Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Shipping wrecked bikes

Shipping wrecked bikes

Wasn't sure where on the site to post this and then I figured technical was as good a place as any. I work for a forensic engineering company and have a client who needs to ship 13 wrecked motorycycles of a specific marque to our lab here in the greater Chicago area. I am assuming they have to be pallatized and shrink wrapped. Has anybody had any experience doing anything like this? Who did they use for shipping and what did they charge you? I rememeber the problems I ran into getting an unattached Ural side car shipped from Vermont to Chicago. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in Advance,
DRD

There's a company here in Menomonie that builds crates and pallets for just about anything. They also bind and wrap. I expect there are other companies out there that do the same. Where are they coming from?

Mike:

From pretty much all over the country. First two from LA area. Have issues for preservation of evidence etc. here that wouldn't normally be a concern with a wrecked bike.

Regards,
Jim

Originally written by Dr. Raoul Duke on 11/23/2006 11:56 AM

Mike:

From pretty much all over the country. First two from LA area. Have issues for preservation of evidence etc. here that wouldn't normally be a concern with a wrecked bike.

Regards,
Jim

I'm unemployed at present. Hire me to go and get them. :0)

Mike, I wish I had the time. The two of us would have a ball touring the country with my 83ft. of carhauler rig picking up bike...Fred F. aka newfiedad

I could leave anytime after Saturday afternoon. :0)

Good Day,
I've been shipping several wrecked as well as pristine collector bikes every year with Moverquest. They've been the most reliable. They pick up anywhere quick and I've never had anything damaged or disturbed by them. They try to accommodate any special request I make too. Barry at 1-800- 410-7499 is the contact guy. I've got a GL1500 solo and a GL1500/California III coming in with them right now.
Regards,
Norm

You could try giving these guys a call.

Home

They are based out of Milwaukee and have dedicated trucks that cross the nation picking up and delivering bikes.

probably a little late in the game here .......
i use federal all the time for salvage pcs
800-747-4100
they supply the pallet and straps
stacy

You should also look into u-ship.com, it is a site where truckers bid on the load, you list what you want shipped and how, and the truckers going from your origin to your destination will bid. I contracted to have a Dnepr rig shipped from Seattle to New Mexico for $550, where the lowest price from the contract carriers was in the $850 range.
good luck
Mel