Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Shinko tires.

Has anyone tried a Shinko tire on thre rig ? Will need new tires for my '82 Goldwing. Want to look into the Shinko 230 or the 777. About 2/3 tprice of Dunlop E3's, wondering what thkind of mileage to expect.. I get about 10-12000 miles on the E3.Doug

I used a Shinko 120/70R 17 on the front of my current rig for about 3000 mi and was afraid to go on a 1500 mile trip. I then changed to a Metzler Lasertech of same size and have well over 6000 miles and look to have another 3000 miles + to go. New the Shinko only had about 1.20 tread where the Metzler had about 1.70 tread depth. The Shinko seemed to have a much softer compound. The Metzler had a harder compound and a more aggresive tread pattern.
Bill D 😉

The Metzelers have a deeper tread and are great rain tires but the Dunlop E3's will give better mileage.

Lonnie

I've got Shinko's on all 3 wheels with about 3000 mi. on them at this time, although I think if I get 6000 mi. i'll be ecstatic. They don't seem to last as long as the ad's imply, but they do seem to handle pretty good in the rain. I guess I chose these because I am after all, a cheep bastard. Hey if you change your own tires, what the hell, give um a shot.

Guess I'll stick with E3's. Used Dunlops for almost 30 years, always got 10-12000 miles on the rear tire.