Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Shade cover for CSC Friendship

During the early spring and late fall I run my sidecar with the metal roof frame and the fabric top in place for my kids. Once it turns mostly warm I remove it, and just keep blankets in the trunk to layer them on the odd cool day.

But today was the warmest day we've been out on the hack in a while and it got me thinking that they'd benefit from some shade, but the stock roof cover would impeded air flow far too much. So I got to wondering if anyone ever made a summer roof out of like pergola shade cloth or somethiing (like on here: http://www.mightycovers.com/Fabric-Shade-Cloth-Cover.htm ). Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Yes, it's been done using "shade fabric" from the garden store. The only issue is that some of the non-woven shade fabrics don't stand up to the wind in that application. So... spend a little more for the better quality fabric. Good Luck!

I fashioned a shade for Petey using 1/2 PVC and shade cloth. It's only for when we're stopped and no natural shade is available. Not for travel. Works well on either the Liberty or Spalding.

Great idea...Sounds like what Jeep guys call a "bikini top."