Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Service opportunity

Back in March I was presented with this service opportunity. I posted it and didn't hear from anyone. Here it is again. If you plan to come to Sturgis, South Dakota for the big rally in August - take a look. It might be something that would interest you. If you do it please take pictures for the Sidecarist.

Will,

I wanted to revisit an email exchange from earlier in the year.

Operation Second Chance is definitely moving forward holding a combat wounded veteran's retreat during the Sturgis Rally this year. We may have a few amputee Veterans who could benefit from a sidecar. Is this something that the club could assist with?

For your research purposes, here is a video of a retreat held in Montana. We are looking for something similar at Sturgis.

We will be basing the retreat at a place on Highway 44, a few miles below the junction of US 385. Our dates are August 7-12, with 8-11 being the principle riding dates. The charity would pay for fuel and food on the road and can offer a place to stay if necessary.

Best Regards,
Nate Anderson
406-426-8390

Here is the original email:

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 8:47 PM, Nathan Anderson wrote:
Mr. Short,

I obtained this email address from the United Sidecar Association website. I hope it is still current.

My name is Nate Anderson. I am a US Navy veteran who grew up in Custer, SD. I now live in Red Lodge, Montana and work with a veterans charity called Operation Second Chance.

I am in the exploratory stages of a wounded Veterans retreat which would bring four wounded veterans out to the Black Hills for the 2018 Rally. We have yet to identify the veterans or the nature of their injuries, but I am reaching out to see if your organization might be able to advise or facilitate with sidecars if we have an amputated Veteran sign up.

I have attached a document which describes our organization, the event, and some of the logistics we are anticipating. I would love to hear from you and your organization. Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Nate Anderson
406-426-8390

--
Will Short
USCA National President
Rapid City, SD

On a similar note, there is a company called Motorcycle Relief project https://www.motorelief.org/ that does adventure rides for veterans. They dropped of a water cooled BMW R1200GS for us to install a sidecar that we are selling them below cost and installing for free. They have a go fund me page and could always use more funding.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30