Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Selling Bike

I posted my bike and sidecar for sale the other day (Craigslist and here on the forum). I have not had one call. I feel the price is fair. Has anyone sold a rig off the forum classified before?

Will sell seperate or together. Thanks

Oilrigger - 9/28/2012 8:47 AM I posted my bike and sidecar for sale the other day (Craigslist and here on the forum). I have not had one call. I feel the price is fair. Has anyone sold a rig off the forum classified before? Will sell seperate or together. Thanks

Yes, I sold my Valkyrie rig and three different sidecars on here. Be patient, you've only had it listed a few days and money is tight. Up north here, people tend to think about having to store it for 6 months before they can ride and wait till spring for a big purchase.

This August I looked at a 2008 Ultra Anniversary model with a factory car and 30k miles, on consignment at the dealership.

He was only asking $14,500 for it and complained he couldn't get any interest this late in the season. He said the book value on the bike alone was more than he was asking for the complete rig. Next spring, I'm sure he could get more than he's asking.

There's also a lot of folks who aren't spending anything until they see how the election goes.

If I am not mistake you only listed it here 2 days ago. If you look on eBay rigs are not selling well with the way the economy is. I have seen bids on 09 ultras low millage with HD sidecar only going up to around $15,000 at the most.

I bought a sidecar rig last winter that was listed on this forum. It appeared to have been offered for a while when I bought it. The price and condition were both right. As others have mentioned, the economy, time of year, where the rig is located are all factors. Also I feel that the market/ demand is quite limited. You are looking and waiting for that one person who is in the market for a rig. Even most motorcycles I have sold over the years up north only got a call or two but all sold eventually. It does amaze me how little you pay for a nice used sidecar rig compared to trike. Good luck with your sale.

When I sold my v-star rig,I listed it here and had a lot of response. Funny thing was the very first guy that had called was the one that bought it,and the day he came two others wanted to see it also. Be patient,if it is nice,it will sell.