Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Seeking 2+2 in Southern California / The West

Looking for a Goldwing or similar touring bike (Concourse, BWM) with 2 seat sidecar for family travels with my 7 year old twins. Been browsing craigslist/ebay/cycletrader but haven't seen much.

Preferably under 10 years old, with steering mod, in the $10-15 range. Willing to fly a weekend's ride away. Been riding for 25 years, but this will be my first hack.

Saw this, but seems pricey (or am I screwy?) on a 15 year old bike, and I'm not interested in towing.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/6048073673.html

That's a lot for the rig but there's a lot there, maybe more than you want. The Kelly price for the bike, if it has ABS, is about $9,000. You could resell the trailer, not sure for how much. Don't discount the cost of mounting, it's often several hundred dollars. If the air conditioning that's mentioned is the Hannigan version it's probably a coil and fan running through an ice chest.

All in all, it's a nice rig but expensive and tied up with a guy who is in a high stress situation. I'd keep looking.

Al Olme - 3/20/2017 10:38 PM

That's a lot for the rig but there's a lot there, maybe more than you want. The Kelly price for the bike, if it has ABS, is about $9,000. You could resell the trailer, not sure for how much. Don't discount the cost of mounting, it's often several hundred dollars. If the air conditioning that's mentioned is the Hannigan version it's probably a coil and fan running through an ice chest.

All in all, it's a nice rig but expensive and tied up with a guy who is in a high stress situation. I'd keep looking.

That is actually a pretty good price. The hack with accessories is $10000, so it is high retail

I have an 88 Goldwing with a California Friendship 3 sidecar. I know I am not on the west (New York state) and it is older than what you would like but check it out in the rigs for sale. Asking $8000 and you could have it shipped.

I have an 88 Goldwing with a California Friendship 3 sidecar. I know I am not on the west (New York state) and it is older than what you would like but check it out in the rigs for sale. Asking $8000 and you could have it shipped.

Thank You - not going so old but good to get some idea of the market.

I also have a Goldwing rig for Sale. 1999 GL1500 with Hannigan chair

Still looking? I am getting older and am in the process of selling my home and losing some storage area. I have to get down to 3 or 4 cycles, and the large rig will need to go. I do not have it listed yet, but will probably list for $11500. Or less for a quick sale.

It is a 2002 BMW K1200LT with a Motorvation Formula II sidecar complete with top, electric levelers, 10 gal aux gas tank, painted to match the Pacific Blue BMW. Go to the Motorvation.com website to see photos and read about the sidecar.

This is a great rig with about 36,000 miles as I recall. I am not at home to check it yet but will be in a few days. It is located in Brainerd, Minnesota. I rode it to the Oregon coast two years ago and there was a brief article about the trip and rig in the sidecar magazine.

Email me at jakhack@gmail.com for more info and I will send photos or whatever you want.

This is what I have...Honda GL 1500 SE Goldwing with a 2007 California Sidecar Friendship III model. The Goldwing is carbureted and runs like new. It has AM/FM/Cassette radio & intercom capable system, cruise control, a brand-new battery and all the typical Goldwing extras. It has approximately 42,000 original miles on this 1994 model. It is in excellent condition and I have a clear Missouri title. The sidecar has many additional items.
The paint is color matched to the Goldwing. It has a convertible black top that matches the seat, adjustable foot bar, seat belt, 12-volt access outlet, electric lean adjustment, stereo speakers, floor mat, and storage compartment carpet. The original cost of the side car alone was $9680. The Goldwing also has a factory installed Power Trak 1500 6-degree kit added to it for enhanced braking and steering. Always garaged.
Asking $9650 OBO