USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

seat lift

Hi folks, was wondering if anyone has made or bought and installed a seat lift to assist passengers in and out of the sidecar? Was looking at a bathtub lift, but its pretty pricey

We have used bath tub lifts, they work well and are CHEAP compared with the price of a custom built unit. If you shop around we have found that the price can vary by about 300% for the same unit depending on where it is purchased.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793
http://www.dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Thanks Jay, the ones I looked at were around $500 and up, guess I will continue to search

I've been tinkering with a DIY unit using a motorcycle platform jack. Originally, it was just a spring assist seat. I'm now trying to motorized it. Too early to tell if the price point will come in low enough to make it practical. I have about $150 in it so far (including abandoned parts). Looking for a motor with enough grunt and speed that doesn't blow the budget.