Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Scissor lift

I need a scissor 12volt lift for my sidecar seat. Can anyone help me out on a company that makes this kind of lift ?

We have made customs ones in the past, real pain to do, one options we used one time and is the least expensive way to go is we picked up a seat designed for use in a bath tub. It came with a built in batter pack and is water proof. We then modified the unit to lift a seat. Hannigan at one time offered a seat lift for some of their sidecars, you might check with them. We have no plans to make these again.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Thanks Jay I'll check with Hannigan. Thats the sidecar I have.

I have a Hannigan seat lift for sale. I am asking $500.00 plus shipping. I had it in hannigan sidecar for my wife before she had her hip replaced. My email is ccridr-at-wi.rr.com

You might check with companies that sell electric wheelchairs and mobility scooters. Some of them have lifts. Maybe Pride mobility.

I have look into two 12V scissor jacks for about $140. So I will prefab my own lift. Thanks for all the help from you guys.

Jacks are not stable enough unless you build a slide system attached to the back of the seat to keep the seat stable while going up and down. The one I have was manufactured by Hannigan.

What about the mechanism from a tractor trailer or large dump truck seat. You might find an ugly seat with a good mechanism you can retrofit to your seat bottom.

How about an old ejection seat with a short tether? 😉

regards,
Rop

Hannigan still makes the lift seat. It is for specific models but can be modified. Have seen homemade ones that use a linear actuator.

Well I finished my scissor lift. I used two 12volt Black Bull scissor jacks, lawn tractor battery, and a battery tender for a total of $200.00

Help I forgot how to add photos?

I hope this works

Attached files

Nice!! Let us know how well it works. I may just have to steal your idea... er, I mean, use your build as "inspiration" 😀

It works swell, I'm a little over 200lbs. and it will lift me with no problem. I do wish it was a little faster.