Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

safer whole sale, and now RT

PreviousPage 5 of 5

Just had a call from some one Saferwhole sale sold a sidecar for a 2008 Road King. Of course this would not be safe and there was no chance that it would "fit" the Road King. The owner is stuck with it.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Had another call today from a shop that ordered in for their customer a "Rocketeer" sidecar for use on a 2006 Ultra classic. Of course I passed despite having everything needed to do it in stock. Safety must come first.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Live and learn.  Sometimes costly but survival calls for it.

Today I got a call from someone looking for mounts for a sidecar from Safer Wholesale. They told him it would work great to haul his powered wheelchair on his Harley Road King. It took all the money he had to buy this. So now unless they will take the sidecar back (not likely) he will need to find a buyer for the sidecar before he can get something that will work and be safe.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

When we decided that arthritis made a chair necessary I started researching on the web. Safer had a record of complaints that eliminated it from consideration, as well as a generally disreputable ambience in their ads. I contacted a number of sources and finally decided on a TSC Ranger to be installed at my local indie HD shoppe as the best course of action regarding costs and likelihood of being what it claimed. DMC was 2nd based on price of the unit and inst'l costs. All things considered in hindsight, with the shipping cost from TX DMC wasn't that much more and I'm sure would have been entirely satisfactory. It took a while to find the source of trail compensated triple clamps for the narrow glide forks, which will be installed in the next couple of weeks. I am really looking forward to seeing what drives like when I can actually steer it.

All in all I figured it's worth paying for a good product and only crying once. The Safer ads gave me visions of the soup sandwiches documented previously, and in the end it was worth spending more and actually getting what I want with a minimum of heartburn.

SwampFox, 1bmwmc and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFox1bmwmcCCjonsmitty901

It you want a good sidecar setup. And the driving force is cost. You may need to wait awhile save up a little more

1bmwmc and Thane Lewis have reacted to this post.
1bmwmcThane Lewis
PreviousPage 5 of 5