Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Roadkill

Has anyone ever hit or ran over a raccoon or skunk with their sidecar? If so, how did it handle?

Does a ground hog count. It handled just like another in the road.

dog, cat, rabbits, hedgehog, oppossum. blupp and hopps ... gone upps.
Better return and in case they are in bad shape, give them a fast and painless "pass over" by smashing the head to the ground.(difficult with a cat btw)(not to recommend with a bear cub at all. A truck or car in front of us hit one in Yukon)

worst were ice whedges from "behind the wheel"dropped from a truck. It whacks you close to a stop, you get whacked to 60° from where you came and beat with the boot against the ground as the sidecar is above your head. (at least feels like that)

a sugar beet sent me into the left harvested farm in front off a upcoming van. Big eyes of the two guys in it.

So something of the size of a dodger, deer or wild boar will become a interesting encounter...specially the wild boar.... (one didn't let me down a tree once...don't ask about my fishing pole nor the 2 trees)
Sven
:O

How about a pheasant dead center in the chest at about 60 miles per hr. damn near knocked me off the motor cycle. And then there was the mallard duck trying to gain elevation from a pond along side hyway 3 going south in north Dakota. he didn't make it. He hit the mirror on the right side of the wing and broke off. I stopped and went back to get the mirror and the duck was there about 10 yards from the mirror deader then a door nail. I picked him up and threw him into my top box. later that night at camp I had him for supper...... Burp 🙂

I just wasn’t sure about whether the car would jump up high. In the northeast, I see a lot of roadkill after coming around a corner or even from following a line of cars. I don’t even think about it in my truck and just hear the ba-. I’ll even admit to helping the crows by tenderizing the meat you might say. I never road a sidecar yet and am just waiting on the sale of my mustang to pay for it. I’m trying to familiarize my thinking on what to expect in real world riding when things just happen.

happy new year form ohio, -6 degrees 6:30 am the full moon about 4 fingers over the frozen lake out my bedroom window. ROADKILL, I know about 98% of you ride rigs that don't lean, but some of use ride leaning sidecar rigs. When I had my first ARMEC sidewinder sidecar 6-7 years ago, I hit a big raccoon, I was going slow and no one was in the sidecar. Sidewinders sit close to the road and the raccoon was a bit taller. Well the sidecar flew up and over the the hairy object in the road. A little scary but better then dragging home a bloody mess or doing a 360 around the object. Go home change shorts go back out riding. We have 5" of snow so I'm going to ride the URAL today. Stay safe hope to see many of you in Rising Sun Indiana for the USCA national sidecar rally in June.

Attached files