Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Rig Shipping Vendors

Does anyone have a recommended vendor for shipping a rig from Oregon to Colorado? I had a transport source, but lost the info. Please pass on to me your recommendations.

There are a number of companies who will ship (some will crate or palletize as well). When I was comtemplating shipping a sidecar from WA to VA I was in the same situation (somewhat longer distance). Allied is one company I contacted and, comparatively speaking, reasonable. One thing I did find is that if you can arrange to have pick-up and delivery take place at a place of business (local motorcycle shop, etc.) you will get a better rate from shippers than you will going from/to a residential address. Also, though I can't remember the specific website, there is a website which links up people looking to ship things (cars, boats, etc.) with shippers (professional & part timers). Some of these shippers have a partial load and looking to fill it by taking on some additional or they might be going to your delivery point empty and be willing to pick up your rig and deliver it so they have payment both ways. It's a bit iffy since the time/dates have to line up but if it works out it might be economically viable. If I can find the website I'll provide it later.

Thanks for the reply. I have also heard that Allied can be good for this type move. I hope you can find the info on the independent movers as timing of the deal is not critical. Let me know if the contact info turns up.

I've heard some horror stories regarding Allied's handling of Sidecar outfits. I had only one shipped from here (Marysville, WA, on the Puget Sound) to Baltimore and it was a hassle.
We have used Daily Direct (1800Haulbikes)since then. They pick up at the door and drop off at the door. No hassle. No need to disconnect batteries and drain fluids (like with Allied) Just roll on and roll off with $20K worth of insurance thrown in with the cost. More if you want to pay extra.

Lonnie
Northwest Sidecar

DO NOT USE FEDERAL - aka Allied

they messed my rig over real bad --- shipping from FL to CA

they can not handle side cars -- they sub it to Allied ---

email me and I will give all the details cruzerdog@mac.com

you will need to get a hauler who "rolls it on" like Haul Bikes

Eagle 1 - any feedback on them for rig shipping? Their approach sounds good - load it once and unload at destination without going thru a hub - plus they will ship a separate box of parts at no additional cost. I need to ship a rig from Portland to Colorado Springs.

Any experience with them?

I've used Eagle One Express and have nothing but praise for them.

Jackl,
Sorry about the delay in responding, issue with my main computer and all info was on that hard drive. Anyway, the website for the shipping I was looking for is http://www.uship.com/ship/ Hope I didn't get it to you too late. I did not actually use the service as the deal fell through but it looked to be the best deal (cost-wise) that I was going to be able to make.

Bljacque

I just bought a turnkey rig (Goldwing with GTL sidecar) from Hannigan Motorsports in Kentucky. Based on Hannigan's recommendation I contracted with "Daily Direct Motorcycle Transportation" aka "HAULBIKES" to move the rig to Florida. You can contact them at 1-888-HAULBIKES or http://www.haulbikes.com.

Haul Bikes just took a 2003 Goldwing (no side car ) to Alabama for me -- the only thing they asked me to take off the windshield ,they have a height limitation -- and I had to ship the windshield separate