Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Ride By Side Sidecars

Hi I'm Karl, I called Richard and he suggested that I post here and ask if anyone has heard of the sidecar manufacturer named "Ride By Side Sidecars"? Would also like to know if anybody had any dealings with this manufacturer in the safety and wear of this product.

I have a '07 Harley Ultra Classic and I'm looking to install this sidecar to my bike, but I could not find any information about this sidecar; it looks well-made and the brackets look strong... I would like to know more about it.

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the offset sidecar world Bear.

Here's Some History from: http://www.texassidecars.com/about-us.html

...CJ and Ardis Foust founded the Ride-By-Side company in 1979 in Hartland, Michigan. They began with one model – now called the Standard. It has been a popular choice for small- and mid-displacement motorcycles for over 20 years. A variation of the Standard, which has a smaller wheel and custom mounting, has been mated to quite a few Honda Helixes.

The Standard grew in width to become the new Ranger model. Several hundred of these were built over the years and have been mounted on almost every popular make and model motorcycle, from Honda to Harley....

In October, 2000, Bob Darden purchased the sidecar molds, patterns and names from the Ride-By-Side company. He and Deb Darden then formed The Texas Sidecar Company....

We have two Ranger's mounted to mid-size bikes - they are basic, but sturdy sidecars. I'd think the Standard model is too small/narrow for a Ultra Classic, but I've seen several Ranger's mounted to baggers (with some ballast when empty). Some of the our members/installers should be along with more specifics.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Thank you Swampfox for the welcome and the information.

If it helps, we should be able to help you out with mounting hardware as we make bike specific for your bike as well as offer triple tree's to lower the steering effort and have reverse for the bike.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

It's my understanding that the Foust's bought some/all the molds of the Auburn Sidecar Company (Auburn, Indiana). My sidecar is actually an Auburn Gemini (two-seater) whos molds where, and again this is based on some sketchy research on my part, passed through the Ride-by-Side company to Texas Sidecars. The Gemini became the Texas TwinStar.

Unfortunatly, the molds for the TwinStar were lost in a fire and never recreated.

Attached files