Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Reverse for Triumph T100 plus chair

Hi Guys, this is my first post here.
I am currently fitting a DJP (Australian made) sidecar to my 2001 Triumph Bonneville.
I am aged 70 so I am looking for ideas/ways to make a sidecar reverse.
Naturally I don't have the strength of a young man so pushing for me is out of the question.
I have tried Australian and British sites but no one has come up with an answer,
So I am hoping you guys have tried something that works.

Please remember I am in Australia so I cant just pop down to a local store and purchase something.

Cheers
Alan

Hi Alan, Others have asked this for their bikes in the past. I think you will find that after you install the sidecar the rig will be quite easy to move around. I am 73 and have a BMW K1200LT W/ Hannigan SC and a BMW K1200RS, also with a Hannigan car. Both can be moved fairly easily on level hard surfaces. I rarely use the reverse on my LT unless on a slope. The Triumph rig should be considerably lighter. Cheers to you too. Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for replying mate. I will no doubt soon find out if I can maneuver it by hand, as yet it's still being fitted out etc.
It will interesting to see. Cheers
Alan

You should find it fairly easy to back up however you may find that it steers a bit heavy for you. We do make triple tree's to lower the steering effort. These are new from billet and anodized black.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

I see that DMC can't resist a free ad. Support the group that allows you access to all of the potential customers

We have been over this. I have served on the board, H
have you, I have donated money to the club, Have you? I have hosted several events including the national rally, have you? I have spent untold hundreds of hours helping with advise for free, Have you? For the sport I also helped develop the S/tep classes and certified in the first ever instructor prep class, are you a certified instructor?
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793
http://www.dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Quit living in the past. Support the group

badbmw - 9/24/2017 8:18 PM

... I think you will find that after you install the sidecar the rig will be quite easy to move around....

Alan, we had a similar size Harley Sportster combination and too fouind the rig quite easy to move around. You quickly pick up the habit of pulling-up or backing-down to park to minimize the having to push the rig backwards up hill.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Keith:
Don't you have something better to do than pick at Jay. This is not the place to air your gripes. If you can't be nice we will have to take action.

Thank you Keith for adding such eloquence to this discussion. Six posts in five years of being a member, and two of them are here in this thread. What a helpful fellow you are! Innocent

Thanks mate, I am not looking to alter the Triple Trees just yet but I will certainly bear it in mind as I do know it's somewhat of a common mod.