Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Replacement

While I still try to sell my 1150GS (bought it on a whim... no thinking!) as I find it less and less "perfect" for a sidecar, I hope to replace it either by a Super Tenere or a Tiger...Opinions? On the Tiger subject what do you think of the new models up side down fork? Will this type of fork work with a "boomerang" type with leading leg plates etc.

One issue are mounts, while we make mounts for the BMW and the Super Tenere we do not have them for the Tiger. I would need to have the Tiger in the shop if we were to do this, with that said one of the most fun sidecar bikes I have ever owned was a Tiger that I built in the late 1990's. The only more fun one I have ever had is my current BMW GS. Leading legs could be fabricated for the Tiger and would work fine, again for us to do this we would have to have the bike in our shop. Tires are another consideration no idea what automotive tires will work on the Tiger as we have not done one.
What about the GS are you finding less then Ideal?
I have attached a photo of my Tiger and my current GS.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Attached files

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Love both your bikes...
I do not feel comfortable with the GS as the front arm/ball etc are really not made for sidecar use, too many "incidents" for my taste and I know I will be always wondering if everything is ok there... I am sure I will end up with a sidecar on the GS as no one wants to buy it and I've already starting collecting parts for it (Dedrone arm/tree, rear diff from a 850 etc).
I really liked riding Rhonda's Tiger (and I love 3 cyl) with the "boomerang" in front:

As a matter of fact this is what I want for my Tbird Sport I'll be bringing to you around Feb to attach a Monza.
Not crazy about leading link forks nor car tires so no probs there.

Hello prmurat1-
Can you point me toward more information on the Tiger rig in this photo? I am planning to convert my own Tiger and am mulling over ways to reduce trail. I'm very interested in the "boomerang" leading legs setup.
Bob

Alas Bob this is not my sidecar! Rhonda, the owner ( see Sit, Stay, Ride movie !) had the installation and the "boomerang" made by DMC sidecars. I'll have the same made on my Super Tenere very soon!

Home

Thanks. Sounds like Jay at DMC is the person to talk to about this.