USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Rebuilding my sidecar

I started my riding at 14 on a Cushman motor scooter and rode solo for more years then I care to remember. Then I started feeling uncomfortable on two wheels. Started looking for a sidecar to rebuild. Found a basket case on Craigslist just outside of Nashville, Tenn. It was a Hannigan Astro 2+2. Went over and brought it home in the back of my pickup truck. I started with the
frame, all new bearings and races, repaired the electric motor on the actuator and painted it. Had to do a lot of body work on the sidecar, changed the tail light to a LED, put a turn signal on the fender, and install a hood scoop for better air in the car. Painted it with base coat clear coat. Installed boat carpeting for upholstry and installed a seat form Tractor Supply. Had to take the hatch cover to Hannigan Sidecar in Murray, KY. to have a new windshield installed. Got my bike and sidecar mounts from Jay at DMC (Really nice mounts Jay). Set it up on what I had read on this and other sites. I guess I got it right because it handles really nice.
Next step a triple tree.

Attached files

Nice job!

Very nice looking rig. you did a great job on the rebuild. I like the scoop you added, what did you use to control the air flow and to keep rain from going in the car from it
I like the seat too, what was it originaly for, you said you got it at a tractor supply

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

I have a 4 inch screw in cap inside the car to keep out rain. The seat is for a tractor.

Wow Taco, great work!

Thanks Bob, you going to be at the Sidecars in the Smokies? If so, we'll see you there.

Possibly.

That´s a really nice sidecar! I like those "space shuttles" . And a nice rebuilding job too.

Good work, Taco. Great result. And you will appreciate the triple tree once installed.

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

A MOST AWESOME Restoration! .....Old tom aka papasmurf in New Hampshire