Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Rally Hotel Rates

You may have been looking for motels in Essex Junction/Burlington/Colchester area and been a bit surprised at the prices. They seem to really jack up the rates for the weekend. I called the Motel 6 in Colchester [4.4 miles from the rally site] and they have lots of rooms [as of today]. Their rate if you call and make a reservation is $65.99 but their rate on-line is $59.99 BUT ONLY IF you use the "Click 6" option from the main page to go to rates. Only a $6/day difference but better than nothing. They charge $3/day for internet sccess. I didn't ask if there's a senior discount on that rate.

Just looking for a way to save a few bucks to help pay for gas for the long drive. Anybody want to go up to Nova Scotia after the rally?

I just saw that the Ben & Jerry's factory is only a few miles away - probably the best ice cream run ever!

Hi Al,

What's doing in Nova Scotia? be sure to have a passport or some extra identification in New York we have what they call an enhanced license that can get us across the border to Canada considering my license is up for renewal I will most likely go that route myself.

from what Eric said Ben and Jerrys is about A half hour down the road

Really nothing special happening in Nova Scotia [that I know about], just a place that we haven't been. Our boy Steve Woodward did Newfoundland last year and came back via Nova Scotia. He said nice things about it. We want to ride the tidal bore in the Bay of Fundy and visit Cape Breton and Prince Edward Island.

It seems that there are highways to cover distance and a fairly complete shore road system if you want to sight see. TLMaryann says that her only requirement is that we go around the peninsula in a counter clockwise direction so the sidecar is on the outside. This is a pretty long haul for all us Midwesterners and we're just looking to leverage the travel time.

In a perfect world we'd go to he USCA Rally and then on up to NS and then back down to the BMW RA Rally in Pownal, VT, July 29-Aug 1. The RA rally is always a lot of fun and pretty laid back. It's a rally for folks who want to ride in the daytime and sit around in the evening. That would be a long time to be gone and I'm not sure that I can make it happen BUT maybe I can work in some actual work in VT or ME to fill some of the time.

My passport is current and TLMaryann just sent her's off to be renewed. Our local county government center [where we used to get our passports renewed] now charges $25 to submit the forms to the Feds. What's the alternative? Send them off yourself for the price of a first class stamp. What a rip-off! The Border Patrol guys are being VERY fussy about paperwork now. A couple of years ago I went across using my OUTDATED passport and the guy in the box said, "You need to get this updated", nothing more. Now, I hear horror stories from guys who go to Canada on fishing trips and have all sorts of trouble if they don't have the right ID. Many are flat denied entry.

Ben & Jerry's has got to be the ULTIMATE ice cream run. I need to start a list of the flavors I want to try. We're really looking forward to this trip!

Al Olme - 2/2/2010 3:46 PM Really nothing special happening in Nova Scotia [that I know about], just a place that we haven't been. Our boy Steve Woodward did Newfoundland last year and came back via Nova Scotia. He said nice things about it. We want to ride the tidal bore in the Bay of Fundy and visit Cape Breton and Prince Edward Island.

It seems that there are highways to cover distance and a fairly complete shore road system if you want to sight see. TLMaryann says that her only requirement is that we go around the peninsula in a counter clockwise direction so the sidecar is on the outside. This is a pretty long haul for all us Midwesterners and we're just looking to leverage the travel time.

In a perfect world we'd go to he USCA Rally and then on up to NS and then back down to the BMW RA Rally in Pownal, VT, July 29-Aug 1. The RA rally is always a lot of fun and pretty laid back. It's a rally for folks who want to ride in the daytime and sit around in the evening. That would be a long time to be gone and I'm not sure that I can make it happen BUT maybe I can work in some actual work in VT or ME to fill some of the time.

My passport is current and TLMaryann just sent her's off to be renewed. Our local county government center [where we used to get our passports renewed] now charges $25 to submit the forms to the Feds. What's the alternative? Send them off yourself for the price of a first class stamp. What a rip-off! The Border Patrol guys are being VERY fussy about paperwork now. A couple of years ago I went across using my OUTDATED passport and the guy in the box said, "You need to get this updated", nothing more. Now, I hear horror stories from guys who go to Canada on fishing trips and have all sorts of trouble if they don't have the right ID. Many are flat denied entry.

Ben & Jerry's has got to be the ULTIMATE ice cream run. I need to start a list of the flavors I want to try. We're really looking forward to this trip!

We went counter clock wise for the same reason the southwestern end has a lot of historical churches some of them were huge I couldn't imagin people back then climbing the steep peeks when they were building, them we saw the bay of fundy high and low tide I have photos of fishing boats that were out in the bay at low tide in need of water to keep them afloat.

The southeast side is the light house route pretty much everywhere you go is scenic you can catch a boat in Bar Harbor Maine called the cat it takes roughly 2.5 hours by boat or as I did add an extra day traveling through New Brunswick to get to Nova Scotia I really wish we would have gone to PEI when we were in that area

Chuck,

I was counting on the Cat. I remember when "The Bluenose" used to run. My father had a bar/restaurant a couple of blocks from the ferry terminal. When I went to the web site for the Cat, it says that because Nova Scotia isn't subsidizing them anymore they are no longer running. 'Not sure how that will change my trip, I'm hoping they go back into operation.