Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Rally day is closing in

Hopefully, tomorrow TLMaryann and I will be off to the SKUNK's rally in Cameron Wisconsin. It should be a great time.

Then next week is the BIG ONE; the 30th Annual USCA National Rally, "The Lake Effect" in Duluth, MN. [more info at http://www.sidecar.com/rally.asp ]. It is looking like the best rally ever. There will be folks on site as early as Tuesday but the rally starts officially on Thursday the 12th. The schedule was published previously in this forum so you know there are lots of things to do!

We're feeding you three meals at "The Lake Effect", Friday evening we'll have burgers and brats and Saturday morning there's a pancake breakfast. Saturday night we have a steak dinner scheduled and all that is included in the rally fee along with tent camping, games, movies and the usual rally activities.

This year has apparently been less prosperous than expected for our vendors. While some of our regular vendors have been very generous with door prizes many have not been able to step up this year. So, we're asking for something a bit different; if you have an item that might make a good door prize or you have an "in" with your local dealer please consider bringing a door prize to the rally. We'd really appreciate your help on this.

As I push send on this, I can only think that at this time next week we'll be on our way to dinner at the 30th Annual USCA Rally!

Sounds like Duluth will be the place to be for the Big 30th!
Have a safe trip.
gp

Almost done packing. How the hell can one guy fill up all the space on a Goldwing with a GTL? Maybe we can entice Helen2Wheels to do one of her packing seminars for us some time.
Guess if I'm going to be living in a tent for 2 weeks (going to BMWRA next)I gotta have my stuff.

Make room for that umbrella. Maybe if you bring it you won't need it!!
See You there

Just back from a great time at the SKUNKS rally. Cameron, WI is about 90 miles from Duluth and while there was certainly weather in the area, we never got rained on the whole weekend. It rained every night but during the day and evening we were happy and dry.

If it does rain in Duluth, we have a big barn that is ours for the weekend and we can all be inside and dry. If that happens we'll just start some impromptu tech sessions.

TLMaryann and I will be in Duluth by about midday on Wednesday.

Anyone local have a good prediction for the weather? Looking on the internet seems to have, shall I say, differing opinions.

Here is where I've been looking,
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Duluth&state=MN&site=DLH&textField1=46.781&textField2=-92.118&e=1

Im nw of Duluth and they are calling for rain all week. lows down into the 40s at night. bring longs sleeve stuffs with 😉

Remember tho that the campground, unlike the News station isnt ON the water. Temps vary greatly as you get away from the water.

Im 100 miles away and my temps can range anywhere from 10-20 degree differance.

Its currently overcast and chilly. Yesterday was an awesome day!

yeah.. bring rain gear. 😉

I'm at the KOA in Albert Lea, MN. It was a gorgeous day with nothing but sunshine as I made my way North. It does look like there has been lots of rain. I should be getting to Duluth in the morning or anyway sometime tomorrow.

It has been raining up here north of duluth on and off all day. I think the Twin Cities got nailed over the weekend. I know my folk's did, they are down by Madison WI. just south of where the soil around the Lake Delton Dam failed.

as of the 5pm news, there is rain headed our way (our meaning the Arrowhead area) should be in later tonight or early tomorrow.

Safe travels!

There is a FLOOD WARNING for much of the eastern part of MN.

Maybe include your swimming wings as well as your umbrella?

j/k 🙂

SHORT & TO THE POINT. Please everyone be very careful and stay safe. The weather reports coming in, watching National Weather out here in California for the area back in Iowa and rolling up through Minnesota are pretty scary tonight. Those traveling to the rally keep in contact with National weather reports as well as local reports. Have Fun, first stay SAFE.

Linda

The rain yesterday was long and constant with a high of 45 degrees. Today looks better with some sunshine predicted for this afternoon. Nice group gathering and more should show up today. Wish you all were here!

Originally written by Joyce on 6/12/2008 11:28 AM

The rain yesterday was long and constant with a high of 45 degrees. Today looks better with some sunshine predicted for this afternoon. Nice group gathering and more should show up today. Wish you all were here!

Joyce,
Thanks for the update. Stay dryish! and have fun

Linda

Weather has been windy today but no more rain. We have a nice building for activities with a talk this afternoon by Andy Goldfine and Motorcycle Electrics by Snowbum Robert Fleisher. Chris and Gary from Hack'd are here too. So far a lot of fun and Burgers and Brats tonight with an Accident Scene management seminar later.

Originally written by Joyce on 6/13/2008 5:53 PM

Weather has been windy today but no more rain. We have a nice building for activities with a talk this afternoon by Andy Goldfine and Motorcycle Electrics by Snowbum Robert Fleisher. Chris and Gary from Hack'd are here too. So far a lot of fun and Burgers and Brats tonight with an Accident Scene management seminar later.

Great to hear Joyce.
There were road closure warnings posted over on the Skunk board. Hope all the travelers are keep'n in touch with somebody. Take lots of pictures of all the wonderful hacks and 4 legged monkeys will ya. Excellent time for "Accident Scene Management" seminar, you can never get enough safety training these days. Everybody stay safe and have lots of fun. Did anybody bring a slip'n slide? LOL

Linda

Originally written by OlBroad on 6/13/2008 5:16 PM

Originally written by Joyce on 6/13/2008 5:53 PM

Great to hear Joyce.
There were road closure warnings posted over on the Skunk board. Hope all the travelers are keep'n in touch with somebody. Take lots of pictures of all the wonderful hacks and 4 legged monkeys will ya. Excellent time for "Accident Scene Management" seminar, you can never get enough safety training these days. Everybody stay safe and have lots of fun. Did anybody bring a slip'n slide? LOL

Linda

-----------------------------------
Snipped from the Skunk board:
Southern Wisconsin CLOSED!

Anyone heading east from the rally needs to check their
route.

I just looked at the Wisconsin DOT Road Closing site and
they have a lot of major highways in southern Wisconsin
closed. With I-90/94 closed, traffic from Chicago to
Minneapolis is being detoured north through Milwaukee
on I-43 to Green Bay and then West on US-29 through
Wausau, Chippewa Falls and back to I-94 near Menomonie.

No relief in the near future as many areas in southern
Wisconsin received over 6 inches of rain last night and
rivers aren't expected to crest for several days.

Albertville Al

----------------------------------