Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Quick Question

PreviousPage 2 of 2

SteveThePilot - 2/26/2018 5:46 AM

Thanks for the input. Nice rig!

Hi Steve. Just another thought here. I have two Goldwings, A 2002 gl1800, two wheeler and a 1994 gl1500 se side car rig wirh a CSC friendship 3. As you know both have reverse.
I use reverse all the time, both on my two wheeler and the rig. I wouldn't have a large 950 lb two wheeler without reverse, or a rig. It comes in very handy when pulling my kwik kamp trailer. It's very easy to back your trailer into a dead end camp site weather it's flat or especially on a slight incline. I tend to stay away from organized camp sites with paved parking and lots of other campers. I prefer smaller places and gravel and dirt is not to easy to push a rig around in or a large two wheeler.
Put reverse on your rig. You never regret it. If you don't need it cool...... but when you do you will be glad it's there. Just my opion......YMMV. 🙂

Again, Thanks for the input.

I am leaning towards putting the reverse on there. One of the reasons is convenience but there is also the ability issues that are drawing me towards a third wheel in the first place.

So now the question is: does anyone have a recommendation for a particular brand of mechanical reverse for a Harley?

You might want to talk with Gary McLuen, the guy in the wheel chair in the video Sit, Stay, Ride, the story of America's sidecar dogs. He's just outside Port Townsend, WA and installed a reverse on his. He's a machinist by trade and makes his living in his machine shop. I'll PM you his phone number. I'm sure he'd have some valuable input...

Some reverse kits for Harleys will only work with stock Harley configuration
head pipes.
fly

PreviousPage 2 of 2