Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

question/suggestion

I've been snooping, several things struck me (so far).
One, where do you suggest/request features for the site?
Two, I find the member list awkward at best. I did find that there are 125 members in the SE region, but where, are any close by? Can we expand the member list to list members by state and/or alphabetical. It would seem to be nice for newbies like me who might want to contact someone local.
Three. A previous or next page feature would be nice to prevent one from having to select a page (i.e. memberlist) and hope it is near where you want to be
Four. Search does not appear to allow a search of members.

Have you looked at the links from the home page. We have a network of State Reps and Regional Directors listed there by state. The forum members features are limited by the forum software and not much we can do about what we offer at the moment. A forum upgrade is in the works.

Try this link:
http://www.sidecar.com/Maps/south_carolina.htm

Yes I did (try that link). Guess I'll wait for the upgrade and contact my my stat's rep.

Thanks

Yes I did (try that link). Guess I'll wait for the upgrade and contact my my stat's rep.

Thanks

And a paid membership also give you an Emergency/Friendship Directory with members willing to be contacted and they are listed by state.

Joyce, having recently renewed our membership for another year will we be receiving an updated copy of the Emergency/Friendship directory? With new members joining, and some old members possibly dropping off, it would be helpful to have a current listing on hand. If they are reissued at a specific time of the year, I will eagerly be awaiting the new issue. If not is there a way to obtain another copy of the latest issue? The new web site format looks great.

All members of the United Sidecar Association receive an updated booklet of the Emergency/Friendship booklet each year.

On your renewal form it has the spaces to check which one or in some cases both of what a person wishes to be a part of wether it is for emergency only or friendship or both

We just haven't gotten one printed this year yet. We always try to get it done in the spring before riding season. I'll remind David and see if he can get the information started.

Trying to look into statistics I got the following error message.
"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range
/mbbs22/includes/include-extenders.asp, line 45 "
Hope it helps for something.
Things are under construction and with some other software developers I make the same game.
As soon I find some bug I send it to them, because nobody can test out and fix everything on the first hit.
Best wishes
Sven

Sven,

The statistics are fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Rob

Hello Rob,
interesting statistics. that gives you an idea how active is the forum or when are people on vacation. In several forums you find a kind of "life cycle" which I hope will not repeat here.
Best wishes and good luck
Sven Peter

I can't vouch for the validity of the statistics. Megabbs wrote them, I just fixed them. but I'd imagine they're relatively accurate.