Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Question

PreviousPage 2 of 2

only 2 engines - not bad for 11,0000 miles - i was reading the other day about a guy on a Ural going on a 1,000 mile round trip - along with his tool kit he had a couple of extra pistons along with some extra cabs - but he didn't take an extra block -

If you need to have a dealer nearby to feel good about buying a ural don't buy one,if you have some tools and your not afraid to get your hands dirty you might be ok.Mike 03 tourist.

i was considering a ural rig as a way to save $$$. my freind is from the ukraine and very familiar with them, which as an owner of one you WILL become very familiar with them. i however will not become familiar with the stolen ruski tech. i found a pristine '98 harley flhtci "electro glide"w/ '00 hd tle sidecar for a steal of a deal. glad i don't have to buy new tool set to use on ural. looked at dnepr, ural, royal enfield and was just discouraged at the research on their quality and performance. the new rocket3 from triumph will be one to watch as soon as they strap a hack to it. happy hunting hope i convinced you to look at quality and reliability so you can ride more than you repair!!!

i bought a new 2005 Ural Tourist - very pleased with it so far - it now comes with a 2 year unlimited mileage warrenty - looks is a personal thing but the Ural had the look i was looking for - i like old school - the hack is easy to get in & out of some of the cars out there you need a boom truck just to get in & out of the dem thing - - some here don't feel a reverse gear is anything to get excited about - well i liked the idea of it & now that i have it i wouldn't be without a reverse - again personal taste - i have a couple of BMW's i test drove a couple of BMW's with hacks - found them boring - ran great but not the look or the feel i was after - i almost put a hack on my R100GS - that would have made a nice combo but again no reverse - anyway i'm very happy with my choice - handles great - so far mileage around town has been 44 MPG - tommy

PreviousPage 2 of 2