Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Pulling trailer w GW1500/sidecar

Any info on pulling an ambassador camper trailer (trailmasterinc.com)with Goldwing 1500 and sidecar? My wife and I are both large people. If not an ambassador camper any ideas on another brand?

I tow a Trailmaster Aspen Classic camper with my GL1800/Hannigan combo and have no trouble. I just try and hold the speed to between 60 & 65 while on the interstate and allow more distance between me and the vehicle I'm following. I am running electric brakes on the camper and the sidecar also has a brake. I don't think you will have any problem towing with a 1500.

Originally written by Mikeray on 8/8/2007 9:29 AM

Any info on pulling an ambassador camper trailer (trailmasterinc.com)with Goldwing 1500 and sidecar? My wife and I are both large people. If not an ambassador camper any ideas on another brand?

We pulled an old canvas sided Time Out Camper behind a 1200cc Aspencade and HitchHiker sidecar for many years. I ran with my wife in the sidecar and son on the back of the bike.

We now pull a Bunkhouse behind my Valkyrie/Ural and can still easily maintain 75mph.

You'll have no problem with yours.

This is a subject I've discussed with several people the past month or so. I have a '02 Harley Ultra w/95", cam, SE heads, so on and so on that's putting out around 108hp at the rear. I have a Spalding sidecar and a Bushtec RoadStar trailer sitting in the shop. Just completed a ride to Sturgis via the Tetons, Yellow Stone and Bear Tooth Pass. Really had the bike and sidecar loaded. The whole way up and back I was wondering if I wouldn't have been better off to have pulled the trailer loaded with all the stuff instead of the way I did it. Pulling the load I did KILLED my gas mileage from around 48 without the sidecar to less than 30mpg. Gas becomes a BIG issue when you only have a 110 mile range before you have to start sweating it.

Jokingly I put the trailer on the bike one day with the sidecar see pics in the below link.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107836&highlight=spalding

Have also attached a pic I took at the Tetons.

The tongue weight of the trailer is only 35#s and it pulls REAL easy.

o~o

Attached files