Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

President Joyce Canfield ill

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Our thoughts and prayers are wth her family RIP Joyce you will be missed

Yes, Joyce will be surely missed by many. I'm thankful we had the brief opportunity get to know her. Our prayers and sympathies go out to her family and friends.

Lee & Jena

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Our thoughts and prayers go to Joyce's family. RIP Joyce. So glad that we had a chance to meet her at the National this past year. 🙁

I received this from Stu Pierce today.

Wow she must have kept her cancer private for long time. She is @peace now, in the arms of the LORD. She was such a great person &so helpful to all I personally will miss her .I would like to plan a memorial @ National Rally as most of us won`t be able to make services. This would allow closure for her friends & her presence would be felt as always Stu. Richard would make this post as I am not able to access the site here in PI

I can't begin to express how proud I am of our USCA officers, directors, and others who have called or emailed to offer to help with the transition to new leadership in our organization. While I understood a little about how the USCA worked from having served as your treasurer for the past few years, I've suddenly begun learning much more while trying to discover what things have to be done to keep our group operating. When I ask how to do something one of you offers to take care of making it happen. Together we'll find our way through this tragic loss of leadership ability and the storehouse of institutional knowledge that Joyce possessed regarding USCA. I'm still floundering, but we have some people with great skills in areas in which I'm hopeless who are coming forward to help find new footing for us. I, like so many others, have filled jobs in USCA because Joyce asked us to do it. I hope to be able to hand off my job to someone else in the not-too-distant future when we have remade our organization into a more stabile one than where we currently find ourselves. Don

Tax Man, while losing Joyce is a great loss for the club I feel certain that it would be her wish that all of you pull together for the benefit of the group. The USCA is in good hands!!!

Let's all get with it and try to make the 014 nationals a great success in memory of Joyce. J.R. Tex Rep

So sorry to hear that Joyce passed away. We only met her once at the Flint Rally last year. We are new to the sidecar group and that was our first rally we attended.
Was she sick then? If she was I could not have guessed it. What a strong lady to struggle with Cancer and take on so much. I know they say keeping the mind busy
is a good thing but I totally admire her strength, with all she did. Ron and I plan on going to the Rally again this year, and will remember her in our prayers and
thoughts.

It is my understanding that Meierhoffer Funeral Home in St Joseph will have the services. I logged on but there was no obituary yet. Here is their
website: http://www.meierhoffer.com/ Both Brenda and I are very sorry for the loss. She was an exceedingly fine lady.

Very sad news.

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

Jay Petrulis

From the funeral home's obituary page:
Joyce Honey Canfield, 66, passed away Tuesday, February 11, 2014.

She was born May 6, 1947 to Frank Bob and Mary Virginia “Susie” (Plumber) Archdekin. On November 9, 1966, she married Ronald Paul Canfield in St. Joseph, Mo.

A loving daughter, wife, mother, grandmother, and friend, Joyce was preceded in death by her mother, Susie. She is survived by her father, Frank Bob; husband, Ron; two brothers, Bobby and Pat (Carla) Archdekin; a son, Thomas Ford Canfield of Kansas City, Mo.; a daughter, Cheri Lynn Canfield (Nichols) and son-in-law, Chris Nichols, of Liberty, Mo.; a grandson, Christian Thomas Nichols; and several nieces and nephews.

For many years, Joyce was an officer of the United Sidecar Association, serving as both treasurer and, since 2005, as the association’s president. In this capacity, she organized the National USCA Rally every summer and wrote many articles for the The Sidecarist, the USCA’s bi-monthly magazine. Joyce also organized the Sidecars in the Flint Hills rally, which is held every August in Council Grove, Ks. For several years, she volunteered to give sidecar rides to youth battling cancer at Camp Farwesta in Stewartsville, Mo., through the Camp Quality program.

As an active member of the Freedom of the Road Riders Local 6 Chapter in St. Joseph, Joyce drove Santa Claus to the Noyes Home in her sidecar for the FORR’s annual Toy Run every November for 16 years.

An Associate Member of the Missouri Society of Professional Design, Joyce had a long career in Civil Engineering, Civil Design, Drafting, and Land Surveying. For over 45 years, she was employed by several engineering and surveying companies in St. Joseph, beginning as a pen-and-ink draftsman before developing proficiency in computer-aided design. In February 2013, she retired from the City of St. Joseph’s Public Works and Transportation Department.

Arrangements have been made through Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory. A graveside service at Fairview Cemetery and a memorial celebration will be held at a later date. Because Joyce loved animals, the family suggests that gifts be sent to the Humane Society of St. Joseph at P.O. Box 6036, St. Joseph, Mo., 64506.

for all who will be attending the national in harddyville sc I am planning to have amemorial for joyce there so those of us who can`t attend the grace side service will have chance remember her &have some closer capt jack

So sorry to hear of the loss of a fine person. Flint Hills 2013 was my first opportunity to meet and get to know Joyce. An honest person, a loved person. My kindest thoughts and prayers go out to her family and loved ones.

Since last last December our friends and family had its, tough times. Now to hear from Joyce made me shut up as I wanted to write her my own aunt Hannelore's recipie against cancer "Every 15 minutes tell yourself: I want to live, I want to live, I want to live.""
Half an hour later came the bad notice.
One more estimated person passed by and doesn't see todays sun.
Let's thank for every single moment of life and good companianship, as we never know when Saint Peter will ring our bell.
And let's be gratefull for the good examples we have had for to follow them.
May God bless your soul.

Sven

Sept. 10 to 14, 2014 – Sidecars In The Flint Hills - Joyce Canfield Memorial Rally. For many years Joyce Canfield hosted the Sidecars in the Flint Hills Rally at Council Grove, Kansas. She had planned to hold the rally again in 2014. This year the rally will take place, and will be a memorial to Joyce who passed away February 11, 2014. All motorcyclist are welcome. – Council Grove Lake, Canning Creek Cove Group Area S-2, Council Grove, Kansas. Pre-registration $30, at the gate $35.00, children free. Rally T-shirts will be available by pre-registration only. For more information, contact Jim DeJarnatt, 816-309-3395, jim7d777@gmail.com . You can find directions to the rally site as well as download a rally flier and registration form by going to: http://www.sites.google.com/site/sidecarsfh/ .

With our deepest sympathy, we hope her family is abel to find comfort in happy memories.

My wife and I are so saddened to learn that Joyce has passed.
She was a very good and kind lady.
She always helpfully answered my questions about the USCA and its related events.
She will be sorely missed for a very long time.
We send our thoughts, prayers and condolences to her family.
Jay and Dale.

God's speed Joyce. Our condolences and special prayers for all family and friends.
Sam & Patty

Very sorry to hear about Joyce. My condolences to her family.

Terrible news, sincere condolences to the family.
Jim

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next