Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Preferred Shipper?

CONSIDERING having a sidecar rig shipped from the San Francisco area to the Seattle area. Who has really good rates? Any success stories to share? Horror stories?

Thanks,

Rogue

Bike Haul usually has good rates in the Winter and Spring. Go on line and Google Bike Haul and follow the threads to the cost. I had to ship a rig to North Carolina from South Dakota last spring early. It was very reasonable - albeit slow. Start now and you might have the rig by the time the snow melts in western WA. Your other option is to put out a request for someone from CA pulling an empty trailer to WA. They might be interested in assisting you. I had several offers (that didn't work) last spring.

Try the eBay connected shipping site, Uship.com. Was successful in finding a hauler coming my way, got a good price. Had the rig delivered from Arizona in less than a week.
Caution, don't take the first bidder, give it a couple of days to see who shows up.

Good Luck

We always had good service with the U-Haul auctions through the years.
Check out insurance credentials and any BBB feedback.

Lonnie
NWSC Ret'd.

I have used Keyboard Motorcycle Shipping twice to ship sidecars that were not attached to a motorcycle. They did a good job.

I like Haulbikes.com. They don't require you to empty out the rig, you don't have to drain the fuel, the battery can stay connected, you can leave the windshield in place, etc. Basically, they will pick up the rig just as it sits, roll it into their truck, and bring it to you. Now, they use the "hubs and spokes" distribution system, so your rig might go from California to their nearest hub, get offloaded and stored for a few days, then get onloaded to the next truck headed to Seattle, but I've used Haulbikes maybe half a dozen times and never had anything but a great experience.

When I said Bike Haul in my previous post it didn't sound right. Thanks Drone for jogging my memory. It was Haulbikes. I went to their website to verify that they were the outfit I used. The price they listed was $650 and 3 to 5 day delivery under their new system. They are headquartered in Wisconsin but work all over the US.

Thanks, all. I used the uShip auction site, found a good reputable shipper and a decent price. The rig will be here Thursday.

Rogue

Congratulations!!! It is happening faster than I would have expected.